F-20 and X-29 build

Started by kerick, October 25, 2018, 09:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

the Voodoo looks pretty cool! Thanks! The aggressor scheme will be mostly a whiff anyway just because the shape of the aircraft is different. I'm thinking of the two shades of brown with green look. I just have to sit down and do it.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

comrade harps

Quote from: kerick on October 29, 2018, 06:19:03 PM
Here's the decals I'm searching through to find something to use for markings. Most of them are old as the hills so that may make things more difficult when I try to use them. We shall see.

I've got the decals sheets top left and bottom right and used decals from them recently and both were fine, so your's are probably OK :)
Whatever.

zenrat

Voodoo scheme is great Scotaidh.  Similar in concept to Brad Cs contour line camo scheme.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Yeah I like that, colors are good, too!  :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Painting is underway and making slow progress.

Everything is being done with a hairy stick and much cursing. The acrylics on the F-20 took two coats and worked better when I stopped trying to cover in one coat. I could get coverage in one coat but I had to puddle it on, which led to runs and blobs of paint. I'm using Testors enamels on the topside of the X-29. Only one color has been applied yet, it does almost look like an Arctic scheme.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

perttime

Do you have nationalities picked?
Your decal sheets have some Finnish roundels but I didn't spot letters for suitable codes. TS or maybe TG - dash - two or three letters would do it.

kerick

The X-29 will be a US aggressor and the F-20 a different air force. The usability of the decal sheets may dictate the final choice.

Here is the second color.

And the third color.

Radome will be black. The first two colors may need a second coat.
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Sweeeeeet. It's strange seeing rails on the x-29.  :mellow: :mellow: :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Put a second coat on two of the colors on the X-29 tonight. I might have gotten more done but the drain from the washer, slop sink and kitchen was clogged again. The sink was 3/4 full of nasty water. Time to take the pipes apart and clean it out again. I suspect there is a problem farther down the line as this keeps happening.
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Touched up the third color today and brushed Pledge on the flat paints. Decals and details next!
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Managed a little work tonight. Added the landing gear and other details. Both are up on their legs now. Decals soon.
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Decals are going really well! All from the scrap decal bag, Some Microscale, others, who knows. No tears or shattering which is pretty darn good considering I have no idea any more how old they are.

Next is the F-20. I think I'll go with Taiwan AF.
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

perttime

That works!
Should an Aggressor have some sort of missile simulator pods?

kerick

I have a Hasegawa weapons set with an ACMI pod plus a training Sidewinder for the other rail.
Tophe the Wise