F-20 and X-29 build

Started by kerick, October 25, 2018, 09:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

I'm on a roll! Next step is spray some flat and attach the canopies. I'll have to wait until my wife goes to work as she reacts to the smell. I had the dryer running once as I sprayed some paint and the smell got into the clothes. Not a good day.

I hope the white stain on the right wing fades by morning. It looks like someone has been flying real low over the ocean and got salt spray on the wing. It appears as though the Micro Set and Sol has affected the Pledge I used to gloss the paint before decaling. I wiped it with a damp paper towel to try and clean it off but not much help. We'll see what it looks like in the morning.

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

How did I miss these two?!? What a good looking pair! Kerick, did you finish them? I can't recall seeing them... :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

FAR148

kerick

Yes I did finish them! My bad for not keeping up with the photos.

At least I managed to finish something!!! Turned out pretty well if I say so myself. I have a couple more F-5 kits and some fingernail decals of Chicago Bears and Chicago Cubs so we'll see what happens. The Bears decals may go on an A-10 to make a Thunderbear!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Nice work.  :thumbsup:

I have an old set for an F/A-18 of VFA-127 'Desert Bogeys' I should really get onto... as well as the FineScale Modeler article on the aircraft and an ESCI Hornet to put them on, which tells you how long it's been... :rolleyes: :banghead:

kerick

Sounds like a plan!  (Like I should talk!)
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Congratulations for the finished F-20 and X-29/F-29 :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Hobbes

Well done  :thumbsup:
good to see these in in-service schemes.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Sweeeeeeeet. I love 'em.  I think we're going to have to keep you on a short leash for a little while so's yous stop forgettin' to the post the PICS.  ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

I'm lucky to remember what I had for breakfast with all the crap going on at my house these days. In the space of a few months my wife has lost all her aunts and uncles, I've had major surgery for a tumor, my Dad passed away while I was in the hospital, I'm having radiation therapy, my daughter in law has had a miscarriage and I had to pick my mother up off her kitchen floor this morning. It just keeps coming and none of it has anything to do with COVID!
Sorry for the rant The Chronic One but I had to vent.
Thanks for the kind comments from everyone and when I do have some progress I'll be sure to post.
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Jeepers Kerick, that sounds appalling!  :o

I'm not sure I could have stood that amount of stress, and I do hope you can withstand it all and come out the other side.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit