Pond Racer II – Electric Boogaloo 1/72 - Finished Pics Pg 5

Started by jalles, November 01, 2018, 04:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 08, 2018, 02:23:56 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 08, 2018, 02:13:56 AM

It's an incredible looking machine and without the cockpit wouldn't look out of place in an archaeological dig as some almost Bronze age tool ?

............or a Klingon Kleaver maybe?  ;)

Very much so. You can see my heart lies in the past rather than the future can't you ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Yup, I see Klingon weaponry as well.

Looks great! 
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: jalles on December 07, 2018, 08:27:09 PM
Electric Pond Racer by Jason Alles, on Flickr
I see a standing winged figure with a bowed head.  Heiroglyphs would be inscribed on it.
Not sure if that would be past or future.  Depends if you were talking to the real Captain Fat Hamster, reading Hancock or watching Stargate I suppose.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 08, 2018, 05:10:36 PM
I see a standing winged figure with a bowed head.  Heiroglyphs would be inscribed on it.

Yup and the hieroglyphs would be in a previously unknown language and thus untranslatable.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 09, 2018, 01:00:42 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 08, 2018, 05:10:36 PM

Yup and the hieroglyphs would be in a previously unknown language and thus untranslatable.

... But someone would work out the patterns of the glyphs &, thus, be able to decypher it & would be speaking it fluently within 24 hours. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jalles

Ha, ha, I thought I was building an airplane, but maybe it's just a fancy Rorschach test.

Well hopefully now it looks more like something that flies versus something that kleeves the heads of their opponents.

I've now added the booms, I build a little jig to aid in alignment.

pond-racer-15 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

Booms firmly glued on.

pond-racer-16 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

Now it's coming together very nicely Jason ----    :wub: :thumbsup: :wub:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 09, 2018, 07:42:17 AM

... But someone would work out the patterns of the glyphs &, thus, be able to decypher it & would be speaking it fluently within 24 hours. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Watching an old Dr Who (with Rose) episode the other evening and even he couldn't translate some as they were that old  ;)

jalles

Work continues, here the gear bay doors are being added.

pond-racer-17 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

And here it is all put together.

pond-racer-19 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

pond-racer-20 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

pond-racer-21 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

I added some cooling inlets and exhausts ducts. I'm torn over whether it should be electric or internal combustion. I think most of the PSR is done, now I have to figure out how to paint it.

NARSES2

This is an absolutely fascinating project  :thumbsup:

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 01, 2019, 06:02:28 AM
This is an absolutely fascinating project  :thumbsup:

Wot 'e said :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jalles

Bit of a boring update really but the propellers have been giving me a little heartache. I'm using some 1/144 resin blades for an E-2C, they're the eight bladed variety. I thought I cleaned them up well, but after a coat of primer they looked pretty poor. I sanded the primer off and did a more thorough clean up. After breaking off some mounting pins, and seeing they weren't that sturdy to begin with, I decided to add brass pins. This meant using a .020 in drill bit to drill a hole in a .035 in wide propeller. There wasn't much clearance and I had to do it sixteen times! I only broke through the side on one or two and they were pretty easy to clean up with some super glue. After a coat of white today they look much better. I'm happy to put that behind me and get on to painting.

Here's the prop hub and the blades.

pond-racer-22 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

NARSES2

Flipping Ada  :o

I admire your perseverance let alone skill  :bow:

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit