Pond Racer II – Electric Boogaloo 1/72 - Finished Pics Pg 5

Started by jalles, November 01, 2018, 04:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Caveman

Those blades are what, 2mm wide?! That's amazing perseverance and skill. I'd have just said "engine running, you can't see the blades"
secretprojects forum migrant

rickshaw

Quote from: Caveman on January 21, 2019, 07:29:50 AM
Those blades are what, 2mm wide?! That's amazing perseverance and skill. I'd have just said "engine running, you can't see the blades"

I'd just cut slots in the blades and then use superglue to put the pins into position...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jalles

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 20, 2019, 08:59:38 AM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Yeah, it was one of those things that started out as "I'll just do one".  The first one wasn't so bad, so I think "I'll just do a couple more" and then half-way through I'm thinking "Why did I decide to do this?" Well, at least it's done.

Quote from: Caveman on January 21, 2019, 07:29:50 AM

You've got it, I just measured them and they're 2mm, I should have thought of modeling it with props spinning, it would have saved some time.

Quote from: rickshaw on January 22, 2019, 01:50:16 AM
I'd just cut slots in the blades and then use superglue to put the pins into position...

Interesting idea, I might have to give that a go the next time I get myself in this situation.

Finally, here are the props all assembled.

pond-racer-23 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

rickshaw

Interesting, you haven't "handed" them - with them rotating in opposite directions to overcome "torque".
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jalles

Quote from: rickshaw on January 22, 2019, 02:54:35 PM
Interesting, you haven't "handed" them - with them rotating in opposite directions to overcome "torque".

When I was assembling them I was thinking them same thing, I thought maybe the manufacturer of the resin conversion kit was trying to cheap out and only cast one type of propeller blade. I tried putting them on the hub backwards but they didn't look right. Finally I looked at pictures of a Hawkeye, and low and behold, they turn the same direction. If works on a Hawkeye, then I say it works for my Pond Racer.

kerick

If the torque is in the right direction maybe it helps the racer make sharper turns around the pylons? Beyond my skills to determine but it sounds good.

This looks crazy awesome!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Like slimmed down A400 props with BIG spinners.

Awesome work there.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jalles

Finally finished, and before the initial deadline, that's a first for me!

pond-racer-26 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

pond-racer-27 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

pond-racer-28 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

pond-racer-29 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

pond-racer-31 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

pond-racer-32 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

pond-racer-33 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

pond-racer-34 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

pond-racer-35 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

kerick

That is insanely beautiful!! I had no idea it was so small! Good eyes or good optics....
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

That's STUPENDOUS!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Love the colour scheme and the mega-blade props will put off the completion before the start! Fantastic work.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..