Pond Racer II – Electric Boogaloo 1/72 - Finished Pics Pg 5

Started by jalles, November 01, 2018, 04:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

LOL, I can understand that. It's a pretty little aircraft, with a very unique shape.

jalles

Finished up the interior.

Here's the pilot, this is one of my better efforts at painting a pilot, which is good because he's pretty visible.

pond-racer-09 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

Cockpit interior parts all painted.

pond-racer-10 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

Everything installed in the cockpit.

pond-racer-11 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

Finally, with the canopy glued in place. As you can see it's a pretty tight space, luckily all my dry fitting paid off and everything fit inside.

pond-racer-12 by Jason Alles, on Flickr

PR19_Kit

SUPER stuff there Jalles! That pilot looks the BUSINESS!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

Brilliant job. I'm really enjoying seeing this come together.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Doug K

NARSES2

Excellent pilot and I think it's one of those models that needs a figure to show how small the thing is.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I wish I could paint 1/72 figures that well.
Excellent job.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Right?  Excellent "white boy" shade, too!! I've had problems nailing down painting white skin pigment.
-Sprues McDuck-

jalles

Thanks guys  :thumbsup:

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 24, 2018, 10:06:30 AM
Right?  Excellent "white boy" shade, too!! I've had problems nailing down painting white skin pigment.

Ha, I should thank Tamiya because it's just their Flat Flesh and then I gave it a Citadel flesh wash.

TheChronicOne

Ta!   

I've always tried mixing my own blend with my craft paints. The ones I prefer don't have an actual color that works right out of the bottle so I've been experimenting as I go along. Got a little closer last time by adding in a tiny bit of red. Anyway....  this process has left a trail of sort odd colored lil pilots... some look anemic, some look sun burned, etc.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

I use tamiya wooden deck tan when I want a white australian pilot, flesh for pasty white europeans or slavs and custom mix a relevant shade for other races (africans were easy while my attempts at japanese had to be overpainted as they appeared racist).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

KiwiZac

Quote from: zenrat on November 24, 2018, 02:48:26 AM
I wish I could paint 1/72 figures that well.
Excellent job.

:thumbsup:
I wish I could paint any scale figures that well! I'm too scared to finish my 1/8 Spider-Man from a company with Toy in the name because the paint is terrifying! And he's in a full costume!!!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

jalles

A little bit of forward progress, the wing is now attached to the fuselage.

Electric Pond Racer by Jason Alles, on Flickr

Electric Pond Racer by Jason Alles, on Flickr

I'm a little worried about the amount of primer that now resides over the canopy mask. I thought since the Pond Racer will be mostly white, I'd use some white Tamiya primer I had sitting around. Unfortunately white does not cover well, so I had to put on much more than I wanted. What's done is done and now I'll wait until it's finished and I finally strip off the canopy mask to see how bad it is.

NARSES2

It's an incredible looking machine and without the cockpit wouldn't look out of place in an archaeological dig as some almost Bronze age tool ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 08, 2018, 02:13:56 AM

It's an incredible looking machine and without the cockpit wouldn't look out of place in an archaeological dig as some almost Bronze age tool ?

............or a Klingon Kleaver maybe?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit