SZD-41 Jantar Standard -- DONE - Pics Pg. 2

Started by TheChronicOne, November 04, 2018, 06:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

im agreeing with the above gents.
That's a lovely looking finish, and I can see it being some one pride and joy, in the minds eye.  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Rick Lowe

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

KiwiZac

A racing glider? Brilliant! It looks great, I love all the sponsor stickers!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Good job Brad C.

:thumbsup:

When I need black on model car windscreens me go-to is a sharpie.  Much easier to get a straight edge than with a brush.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thanks, Zac & Fred!   

Its weird, the thought hadn't occurred to me until just recently. I'm going to start replacing paint with marker any place I can. You sho' right about keeping it straighter... it's a hell of a lot QUICKER as well. Only problem I saw was that it was a bit thin in spots (naturally, being on clear plastic), easily solved by "painting" both the inside and outside of the canopy.

-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

The Sharpie idea works well: easy to control and apply but I have had some of them fade badly over time, and note that not all Blacks are created equal; I've used 2 different types on one build, and while one faded the other did not... interesting, if frustrating effect.

I have also had it run like Usain Bolt when I brushed a layer of Klear over it... less is probably more in that instance - oh well, I know this now...  :banghead:

YMMV of course, and please don't let this put you off experimenting - just a Cautionary Tale.  :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

Thanks for the heads up!! Imagine this is better suited for doing things like little hilights, itty bitty parts, canopy framing and the like...  glad you said someting about the klear making it run! I'll have to watch for that. Only a matter of time before I try dipping one with marker frames.
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Old Wombat

Surprisingly, no "Gulf" badging! :o

Wasn't expecting that, the colours screamed "Gulf Racing" to me. :unsure:

Fantastic job, though, Brad. Well done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Couldn't find any in all my racing junk. Ah well!  ;D ;D 

Thanks!!! I have one more I'd like to do.....    maybe something with red this time.
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Oddly, I'm fairly sure I do have Gulf Racing decals/transfers in my collection. 1/32 scale & not sure of the condition but I'm fairly certain they came in an Airfix Aston Martin/Jaguar double racing cars boxing.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Most stuff won't fit on these things anyway. The decals I have used are the itty-bittiest ones that would be on race cars. The ones that can't even be made out on TV sometimes.  Glider is longs on wings, short on real-estate! 
-Sprues McDuck-