DONE @ p.5 +++ Chardiv Laboratory of High-Speed Automobiles ChADI 9-II скорость

Started by Dizzyfugu, November 09, 2018, 09:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 15, 2018, 11:46:31 PM

Not flashy, but this one will be a university's experimental vehicle, and it's a Soviet design after all, not a sponsor-decked private US thing.

Perhaps some patriotic Cyrillic slogans to enthuse the uni students to greater efforts in support of the Motherland's efforts to go faster than the decadent West?  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Well, there will be a Soviet flag on the fin (from an Aeroflot airliner), and I will probably print some decals for the flanks, including the vehicles name "скорость". I am also trying to find out if the Charkov Laboratory of High-Speed Automobiles had an emblem or such a thing, but I guess not.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Yes, but I love to add such realism to my builds. LSA ChADI was apparently the only "power" in the USSR that drove the idea of breaking the LSR, and after the ChADI 9 failure they "deserve" IMHO a legal/fictional successor vehicle.  ;)

jcf

Evidently this is the current TSAGI emblem, so something
similar with an LSR car profile? In a circle of laurel leaves,
of course, and perhaps crossed slide-rule and wrench?
:wacko:

Dizzyfugu

Cool, thanks for digging this up - I'll see if I can make something from it!  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 16, 2018, 01:35:14 AM

Not flashy, but this one will be a university's experimental vehicle, and it's a Soviet design after all, not a sponsor-decked private US thing.

Perhaps some patriotic Cyrillic slogans to enthuse the uni students to greater efforts in support of the Motherland's efforts to go faster than the decadent West?  ;D ;)

останься в школе
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on November 16, 2018, 08:21:23 PM

останься в школе

No, no, the complete slogan is this:

останься в школе и ебать хорошеньких девушек   :wacko:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Dizzyfugu

Really? простофи́ля.  :-\

In the meantime, things keep moving - now with paint. The basic color is RAF Light Aircraft Grey. I considered many other things, including an all-red, a white-and-blue, an orange and even a dreadful tractor-green livery, but eventually settled for this subdued color, plus some deep red trim around the nose. Since I did not have a conclusive idea for the rest of the vehicle, I decided yesterday evening that I extend the red along the flanks in a narrowing trim line. From that I'll see what happens next, maybe thin white borders around it?

1:72 Charkov Laboratory of High-Speed Automobiles ChADI 9-II "скорость" experimental high speed/land speed record vehicle (final form); Lake Baskunchak (Soviet Union), August 1989 (Whif/kitbashing) - WiP
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

1:72 Charkov Laboratory of High-Speed Automobiles ChADI 9-II "скорость" experimental high speed/land speed record vehicle (final form); Lake Baskunchak (Soviet Union), August 1989 (Whif/kitbashing) - WiP
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Also in parallel runs the work on the salt lake seabed base. It's 18x12" in size, so that there's some room for depth in the later pics. It was created with white tile grout, thinly spread onto the wooden board, and on top of that I simply thinly sprinkled salt crystals and sprayed some water on top of everything, hoping for some glittering light reflexes. And it actually worked!

by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

scooter

Quote from: loupgarou on November 17, 2018, 12:51:44 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 16, 2018, 08:21:23 PM

останься в школе

No, no, the complete slogan is this:

останься в школе и ебать хорошеньких девушек   :wacko:

некультурные свиньи
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

Well, rather back to the creative part. I've been reluctantly creative, and came up with this simple institute logo (it will be available in left/right side variants). A bit grainy, but it will later only be a few millimeters in size:

1:72 Charkov Laboratory of High-Speed Automobiles ChADI 9-II "Скорость" experimental high speed/land speed record vehicle (final form); Lake Baskunchak (Soviet Union), August 1989 (Whif/kitbashing)
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Slightly more prominent will be the vehicle's name on the flanks - I think that this works well:

1:72 Charkov Laboratory of High-Speed Automobiles ChADI 9-II "Скорость" experimental high speed/land speed record vehicle (final form); Lake Baskunchak (Soviet Union), August 1989 (Whif/kitbashing)
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I think the lower design is better Dizzy, the top one has too stylish a car outline to be soviet

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....