T

FSW Lightning

Started by Tim Mansfield, December 19, 2004, 02:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Mansfield

Here's what happened when I found myself with a few left over bits from various Lightning kits.

And here's the reason why the bits were left over.

and I was missing a set of wings

Aircav

Oh, Very cool  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Martin H

Oh very nice. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Your Navy bird puts my one to shame. And didnt the FSW one wind up on the what if? stand at the 2003 nationals?
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Mike Wren

Joe C-P

Most excellent, both of them!  B)  :wub:

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Ollie

Captain Canada

Wow....that's just brilliant, Tim !

Love the FSW....just looks right ! Would have been one heck of a preformer, if you ask me !

The swinger is pretty cool as well, but it sure looks stubby when the wings are out !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gary

Quotebut it sure looks stubby
I've heard that said to me at the beach... well sort of. Now I only wear trunks.

l LOVE 'EM.  
Getting back into modeling

lancer

Brilliant work Tim, both beautiful looking specimins.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

noxioux

Very cool.  Switching the wings makes for a whole different critter, don't it?   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Tophe

Great inventions :wub:
Just a question: is the tail-less FSW still a twin-engine? The low pipe seems smaller, not standard, and we would be glad to appreciate special details if there are explanations for everything :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Supertom

Very cool!  Do the wings swing?
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

nev

I remember the FSW bird at the 03 Nats, no-one knew where it came from but we all agreed it was  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Geoff_B

QuoteVery cool!  Do the wings swing?
Tom

The VG one has two sets of wings, one fwd and one swept, the fwd set having the flaps and slats down. A novel way to represent a VG aircraft without all the hassle of VG mechanics.

Both nice models displayed across from us a Telford on the EE Sig that also had the Austrian and USAF examples.

Cheers

Geoff B B)