T

FSW Lightning

Started by Tim Mansfield, December 19, 2004, 02:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

QuoteGreat inventions :wub:
Just a question: is the tail-less FSW still a twin-engine? The low pipe seems smaller, not standard, and we would be glad to appreciate special details if there are explanations for everything :)
It seems to be missing the exhaust cones.  

The Rat

WOW!  :wub:

And welcome aboard Tim!  :cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Patrick H

Beautifull, especialy the FSW one.

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

NARSES2

Like Nev I remember the FSW from 03, and in particular I remember the incredible quality of the finish - great to see photo's of it.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tim Mansfield

Thanks for the appreciation of my models.
The swing wing version is a Matchbox kit - with two sets of wings to represent airborne and on-carrier.
The FSW fuselage was left over bit from a T5 project, namely an Airfix F1A upper fuselage, Matchbox T55 belly, - then laminated sheet wings.  White finish is achieved with Halfords Appliance White acrylic aerosol.  I was looking for that TSR-2 prototype look.

All Lightnings were at SMW 2003, and the VG was there in 2004.

Regards,  Tim  

Alvis 3.1

Fabulous! Absolutely fab!!!

Alvis 3.1

Captain Canada

Great idea with the wings !

I actually noticed them in both open and swept positions, and the drooped slats and flaps...but I never put two and two together !

Cool.......

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Allan

Tim,
Lightning 153 is wonderful!
Allan in Canberra

sidewinder

Zen

Excellent work!!!!! :wub:  
To win without fighting, that is the mastry of war.