Hobbycraft News - 3 for the price of 2 on Airfix kits

Started by Weaver, November 27, 2018, 04:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Apparently Hobbycraft had a Black Friday sale which included Revell kits at half price. They aren't available through the website, but any that are still in the stores are are still at the sale price.

I shall go to have a look tomorrow. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Just hit up the Stockport branch:

3 x Revell 1/72nd scale Hunter FGA.9s (RAF100 boxing) - £10 each  :wub:
3 x Revell 1/72nd scale DHC-6 Twin Otters - £4.75 each
Revell 1/112th scale X-Wing (Level 3 boxing) - £3
Revell 1/241st scale Millenium Falcon (Level 3 boxing) - £3
Revell 1/110th scale TIE Fighter (Level 3 boxing) - £3
Tamiya 1/35th German Field Drum set - £6
3-tier wire mesh trolley on castors - £15

Other notable things left on the shelves (not an exhaustive list and probably different in other branches):

Lancaster Mk.I/III - £10
Dambusters Lancaster - £10
1/144th Atlantis Space Shuttle - £10
Shackleton AEW-2 - £18.50
BoB Eurofighter Typhoon
Loads of cars
1/87th Big Boy locomotive - £10
1/144th Space Shuttle + B-747 - £15(?)
1/72nd B-17F and B-17G - £15ish
1/48th WWII fighters (Corsair, Fw-190, others...)
Various Ships
1/144th Concorde
Loads of other Star Wars stuff

Those nice rolling all-metal trolleys with three deep-sided, mesh-bottomed trays that IKEA want £50 for? £25 in the Hobbycraft sale (I got one last year)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Sounds worth a special trip to the city.

Fire up the Signum!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

So I fired up the Signum and headed for Gloucester, along with half the population of the Forest of Dean apparently.  :o

Hobbycraft there did have an on-going Black Friday 50% sale on Revell kits, but most of them were big 1/48 or 1/32 stuff. I got a 'BoB' scheme Typhoon for £10 though plus two 'bottles' of Contacta glue, some of that bendy Tamiya tape, a new razor saw and a battery light magnifier thingie, something I've been thinking about for ages.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

As I get paid tomorrow I think I will have a look through the store nearest to my work

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Just seen on the website that the sale ends at midnight tonight (Sun 02dec18). Last chance folks!

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

None of them in range of me have any Hunters though.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 02, 2018, 05:39:32 AM

Do you want one of mine (at cost)? I'm unlikely to get through the six I've got now...

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on December 02, 2018, 11:06:37 AM

Do you want one of mine (at cost)? I'm unlikely to get through the six I've got now...

Yes PLEASE!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 02, 2018, 12:19:11 PM
Quote from: Weaver on December 02, 2018, 11:06:37 AM

Yes PLEASE!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer.  ;D

Do you want me to post it or hand it over at a show? If the latter, which show?

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on December 02, 2018, 04:19:30 PM

Do you want me to post it or hand it over at a show? If the latter, which show?

Best go for the post please, I'm not sure which shows I'll be doing next year as yet.

Regards
Kit

Rheged

I turned up at Hobbycraft in Carlisle, to be told that they were "not  a participating store" and that none of their Revell material was reduced.  All very good for family Rheged's imperial treasury, but somewhat disappointing otherwise.  I'll just have to get on with building what is already in the stash.  I'd quite fancied doing a Millennium Falcon in Air Support or Transport  Command livery but since I can't, perhaps one of you might wish to take up the idea 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Weaver

Thought I'd convert this thread into a generic one for Hobbycraft Sale items instead of starting a new one.

Just had a look today and they are selling Revell 1/72nd Mi-28 Havocs and 1/144th B2s for £10 each. They're NOT in the kit section: they're in the CLEARANCE section.

I didn't buy either but I'll happily pick one up for anyone who wants one, as ever.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Just went into Hobbycraft in Stockport for the first time in ages and noticed a couple of interesting things.

1. New Kit Ranges.

There were kits on the shelf from Academy, Emhar, and AiP (the reissued Aoshima Thunderbirds kits), as well as the usual Revell, Tamiya and Airfix. Some of these are NOT on their website (notably the Emhar vintage trucks). I presume from this that they've started buying from Bachmann Europe, since they're the UK distributor for those three brands. That mean we MIGHT potentially see AFV Club, Roden, Pegasus, Takom, Trumpeter and a whole load more on the high street in the future, which is good.

Bachmann's full range of brands: https://www.bachmann.co.uk/category/construction-kits

2. Storage Trolley Extras.

You may recall, and may even have bought, one or more of the really rather useful three-tier trolleys (see below). Well they are now doing accessories for it, including a solid top to turn it into a workbench extension, a set of organiser bins, and a set of clip-on shelves. I bought the first two immediately, but decided to pass on the clip-ons, as only one of them is a solid shelf, the others being frames designed to store rolls of material and reels of tape.

HOWEVER - BUYER BEWARE

I got them home only to discover that MY trolley, bought from Hobbycraft a few years ago, is bigger than the ones they're selling now... :banghead:

It's not a disaster as the top will still fit nicely across the trolley at 90 deg, and the bins are still useful.
However if you've got one of these, MEASURE IT before going to Hobbycraft.
I also suspect that the dimensions for the trolley on their website are either wrong or at least, misleading (yes, I'm e-mailing them).

The size of the worktop ("Trolley Topper") is 38.8 x 29 x 1.2cm

The whole range is here: https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/decor-and-frames/storage-and-organisation/trolleys-and-drawer-units
(As usual, not everything on the website is guaranteed to be in stock at any given store)

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Hobbycraft have announced their Black Friday sale. 25% off Revell kits, basically:

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/crafts-and-hobbies/model-making/plastic-model-kits

- Indiana Jones