Hobbycraft News - 3 for the price of 2 on Airfix kits

Started by Weaver, November 27, 2018, 04:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Hobbycraft have a 2 for the price of 3 deal on at the moment which applies to 55 kits:

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/hobbies/model-making/plastic-model-kits/?prefn1=Special%20Offers&prefv1=3%20for%202%20on%20Selected%20Kids%20Gifting%20Lines&srule=price-low-to-high&start=48&sz=48

Bear in mind that Airfix have an "up to 50%" sale on at the moment too, so you might have to do a bit of figuring out to decide which is the best deal for you.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Went to Hobbycraft last week to get spray paint for the 1WkGB build, and got talked into joining their club. It's free to join, and since then I've been sent two vouchers, one for 15% off anything, expiring 11th July, and one for £5 off a £15+ purchase expiring 7th July. I also got some specific vouchers for knitting wool (dropping hints there maybe?) and craft courses, neither of which are of interest to me, but if you had a wife and kids they might be.

Anyway, today I printed out the vouchers and went down there to see if I could spend them. Alas, I bought the only kits I really wanted last week, so I ended up getting another can of Plastikote spray paint in "Tophe Blue" and a sheet of sky blue card for photography purposes, and used the £5 off £15 voucher.

Conclusion: the Hobbycraft Club looks like a good deal so far.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Hobbycraft have started a sale with 25% off a dozen Revell 1/24th car kits:

Link: https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/hobbies/model-making/plastic-model-kits/?prefn1=Brand&prefv1=Revell&prefn2=Offer&prefv2=%23A42015%3A25%25%20Off#product-grid

Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 Model Set 1:24
Is £31.50 , was £42.00

Revell Porsche 934 RSR Martini Model Kit 1:24
Is £24.37 , was £32.50

Revell Fast & Furious Dodge Charger Model Kit 1:25
Is £27.75 , was £37.00

Revell 65 Shelby Cobra 427 Model Kit 1:24
Is £27.75 , was £37.00

Revell '62 Shelby Cobra 289 Cabriolet Model Kit 1:25
Is £29.25 , was £39.00

Revell Land Rover Series III Model Kit 1:24
Is £29.25 , was £39.00

Revell Audi RS E-Tron GT Model Kit 1:24
Is £29.25 , was £39.00

Revell VW Beetle Limousine 1968 Model Kit 1:24
Is £24.37 , was £32.50

Revell VW Golf 1 GTI Model Kit 1:24
Is £24.75 , was £33.00

Revell McLaren 570S Model Kit 1:24
Is £24.37 , was £32.50

Revell Audi R8 Model Kit 1:24
Is £24.37 , was £32.50

Revell VW Samba Bus Model Kit 1:24
Is £27.75 , was £37.00

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Also, Hobbycraft have just announced that they'll be stocking Humbrol paints again shortly.

- Indiana Jones

Mossie

I'd check prices elsewhere. You can get the Shelby Cobra 427 cheaper on Amazon, and with free postage.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on July 30, 2024, 07:04:22 AMAlso, Hobbycraft have just announced that they'll be stocking Humbrol paints again shortly.

That's useful to know. Cheers H  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Went in Hobbycraft again yesterday and they have the Humbrols in. A nice new dedicated end-of-aisle display rack with enamel pots on one side, acrylic bottles on the other, and space for all the weathering powders, washes, and various other "fat bottle" stuff too.

The only downsides are:

1. No spray cans of any kind.

2. I don't think they have the full range of enamels. I didn't have a reference with me to check, but there didn't seem to be enough tins for the whole range and I couldn't spot any of the RLM colours that were the last things added.

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on August 08, 2024, 12:51:38 AM2. I don't think they have the full range of enamels. I didn't have a reference with me to check, but there didn't seem to be enough tins for the whole range and I couldn't spot any of the RLM colours that were the last things added.

I know Humbrol have recently reduced their colours range again, but I have no idea how this has effected the enamels - and yes I'm to lazy/busy to look.  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Hobbycraft have an offer: £10 off if you spend £50 ON THE WEBSITE ONLY (NOT in shops) which ends TOMORROW Sunday 18/08/24 at midnight.

Offer code is HCTEN

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Hobbycraft currently have a 3 for the price of 2 deal on all Airfix kits. Don't know how long it runs for.

- Indiana Jones