Bugatti Royale Phaeton

Started by zenrat, December 01, 2018, 02:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on December 02, 2018, 02:50:12 AM
Thanks folks.

The lighter coloured residue in the tyre treads is a mixture of light grey primer, white undercoat and finely ground styrene.
I could spout some bollocks about how I make up a custom mixture which I carefully brush into the treads using a 0000 paintbrush and a jewellers loupe but in fact it's just the residue of previous work which is left on the sponge sanding block.
I always sand the treads of vinyl tyres to remove flash and to make them look "roaded" but i'll be doing so with my dustiest sponge block in future to try and get this effect again.

Make sure the last thing you sanded wasn't dayglo orange though... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on December 02, 2018, 11:31:41 AM
Thanks folks.

The lighter coloured residue in the tyre treads is a mixture of light grey primer, white undercoat and finely ground styrene.
I could spout some bollocks about how I make up a custom mixture which I carefully brush into the treads using a 0000 paintbrush and a jewellers loupe but in fact it's just the residue of previous work which is left on the sponge sanding block.
I always sand the treads of vinyl tyres to remove flash and to make them look "roaded" but i'll be doing so with my dustiest sponge block in future to try and get this effect again.

Oh, I don't know.  Could look quite groovy.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

nighthunter

Quote from: Weaver on December 02, 2018, 11:31:41 AM
Thanks folks.

"Poor Chester, he never stood a chance..." LOL!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*