1/72 30,5 cm Sturmmörser on E-50 Chasis Finished

Started by The Chaos, December 03, 2018, 04:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 04, 2018, 12:15:26 AM
IIRC, it should be a 38cm mortar?  :o That's at least the caliber of the weapon that was used in the Sturmtiger? Or is it a personal mod (it's whifworld, after all)?

That's what I thought as well

Regarding breech loading mortars. If I recall correctly the 3" CS gun carried by the close support versions of early British WWII tanks was actually a breech loading mortar rather than a howitzer as it is sometimes described in a lot of books.

Most early British tanks came in two versions. The standard version with a 2pdr AT gun, no useful HE round and a smaller number of CS versions with the 3" gun.

Back to the model. It's looking good and I must remember it's 1/72  :o

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 04, 2018, 06:42:07 AM

Back to the model. It's looking good and I must remember it's 1/72  :o

I keep telling myself that too, Mr Chaos' paint techniques are truly awesome!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

I need to start paying more attention to these threads instead of building stuff  :rolleyes: :o. The armour builds are brilliant. I am not reet in to ww2 German armour but these builds of yours Chaos are brilliant.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Old Wombat

@chrisonord: I'm impressed that Chaos can build in 1/72 (like yourself, Chris) in the first place, & totally gobsmacked at the quality of his builds & paint work. :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Chaos

The Chaos

Update,
rust schipping, overlaping stehlplats and kalt markings.

Old Wombat

The Chaos

Update.
painting compledet, next step detailpaintg.

Old Wombat

When I can do this good a job in 1/35 I'll be a happy camper! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NARSES2

I love what you've done with those chalk markings  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Is there any chance you could show us how you do the paint like that please, I would like to be able to do flaking off paint like that, with the rust underneath.
This looks amazing it really does.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Dizzyfugu

That looks excellent - even though the finish rather reminds of a find in a pond, some 50 years after the end of the war!

The Chaos

Old Wombat

Nice! :thumbsup:

I can see that having been rushed off the factory floor, splashed with a thin coat of extremely over-thinned paint & sent into battle, where it surprisingly survives more than a month of fighting, so the paint washes away & flakes off (while the chalk/wax pen marks survive), & a good layer of surface rust forms to give it a new camouflage scheme.

;D

NARSES2

I particularly like the use of a crew figure. Gives you an idea of the size of the beast  :thumbsup: