FW190A8 - Finished pics pg 3

Started by zenrat, December 05, 2018, 01:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Yes, there is critical limit to the size of PE pieces below which time spent trying to pick them up and attach them to the model rather than to ones fingers, tweezers, cocktail sticks etc is greater than time spent building the model.

There has been a small (about 5mm) spider running backwards and forwards across my bench while i've been trying to work recently.  I think it stole the instrument panel.

Despite the slowness this kit is going together precisely and unless I have made a ghastly error it promises to fit together very well with minimal PSR.  Which is what I was looking for.  I've even rescribed the panel lines obliterated sanding the gun lumps off.  Which is unlike me.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 14, 2018, 01:01:29 AM

There has been a small (about 5mm) spider running backwards and forwards across my bench while i've been trying to work recently.  I think it stole the instrument panel.

Train it for those small P.E. parts, spiders are meant to be quite intelligent  ;) Mind you given you are in Aus' it's probably poisonous  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 14, 2018, 06:22:24 AM

Train it for those small P.E. parts, spiders are meant to be quite intelligent  ;) Mind you given you are in Aus' it's probably poisonous  :angel:

I'm not intending to eat it Chris. 
:mellow:

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

As with the Drag Cab, baby steps.  There are a number of small parts inside the wings which I have been taking my time with to ensure the best fit I can manage.
I have also dobbed filler into the brass ejector ports on the wing undersides.

Fred

zenrat

Wings, tails, rudder and cowlings on top of the engine and in front of the cockpit are now in place so it looks like a hairoplane.
Some trimming of flying surfaces has been done.  Not a lot but enough to be noticeable.

Fred

rickshaw

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 14, 2018, 06:22:24 AM

Everything demands a sacrifice, in one form or another, Chris...  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

I do believe this is now ready to have it's various orifices blocked before a squirt of primer is applied.
Some filler will be needed on the upper wing roots.  Not a lot, but something needs to be put in the gaps.
Fred

zenrat

Painted.  This is the colour coat.  I am drawing up and printing the decals which are based on those used by car racing teams sponsored by a maker of vermouth.
FW-190 WIP 06-01-2019 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Dizzyfugu

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on January 06, 2019, 01:45:00 AM

Painted.  This is the colour coat.  I am drawing up and printing the decals which are based on those used by car racing teams sponsored by a maker of vermouth.

Red and blue stripes then?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I couldn't possibly comment.
:mellow:
Fred

zenrat

Touch ups, bare metal panels and washes.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

I printed the decals last night and sealed them today.  I should be able to put them on tomorrow.

Fred

zenrat

Fred