New Project Attack twin turboprop -Build started last page

Started by NSXone, December 19, 2018, 04:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSXone

I really dont have a backstory yet, but the prelim 3-view is done.  I have a 90% project on the bench now but after paint, we will get started on this one....

Engines from a C-160
Wings from an IL-28
Fuselage from the xf-107
Gear from ???  Sepcat Jag maybe??

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxoy17WAQvo-emk2eE0tb0lHTXJCNXVqaTR1c0RXRHY1ZUdV/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxoy17WAQvo-UnFRd1BibXFYazNDRDdHWjBjejFUWVVwS0tZ/view?usp=sharing

Any tips or ideas are greatly welcomed.

Tophe

Do you mean a kind of Bronco or Pucara aircraft? Could you tell us more? (or show your 3-view?) :unsure: ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

KiwiZac

It's kinda tricky to offer tips when we know nothing about your project! So I'll say TPE331s mounted facing rearward, canards obviously.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

chrisonord

That's going to be an interesting bird for sure. Anything that involves turbo prop and C.O.I.N. certainly floats my boat.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Ed S

This looks good and is quite doable. Although, as a former A-7 and OV-10 pilot, I think the canards are to far forward. They interfere with the pilots visibility down to the side.
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Rick Lowe

Agree it's a cool-looking thing. Also about the canards, but again almost all low-wing aircraft can have that criticism leveled.
Unfortunately, there's not very many other places they can go. Maybe a little further back? :unsure:

I wonder if Stuka wings might work? It would save you having to chop something up and get the angles matching.

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Cobra

Very Cool Aircraft :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: Looks like it Could be Seen in an Episode of Stingray,Thunderbirds,Captain scarlet,or Joe90! Keep up the Superb Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hope to see it When You've Brought it To Life in Plastic! Dan

AeroplaneDriver

Very cool looking, but make sure you rework the engines to have the intakes in the front and exhausts not facing into the airflow. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Old Wombat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on January 03, 2019, 08:32:22 PM
Very cool looking, but make sure you rework the engines to have the intakes in the front and exhausts not facing into the airflow.

Agreed! Very cool looking idea but the reversed engine layout is too obviously a "cut-&-paste" of a standard puller-prop design, however all you need to do is put an intake (probably oval-shaped, wider than high) on or near the leading edge to make it look right (I'd probably have vents around the "rear" exhaust duct to draw in outside air to cool the exhaust before it hits the prop blades, too).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Nice concept. The engine nacelle issue has already been mentioned, and from a design point of view: why the long, pointed nose? The aircraft will be subsonic, and hardly carry a radar with a large antenna. Rather an FLIR or a small laser rangefinder. The pilot's field of view is a vital factor for a COIN/low level strike aircraft. IMHO, the cockpit could be moved forward and/or the nose shortened.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Scotaidh

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 03, 2019, 11:14:43 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on January 03, 2019, 08:32:22 PM

Agreed! Very cool looking idea but the reversed engine layout is too obviously a "cut-&-paste" of a standard puller-prop design, however all you need to do is put an intake (probably oval-shaped, wider than high) on or near the leading edge to make it look right (I'd probably have vents around the "rear" exhaust duct to draw in outside air to cool the exhaust before it hits the prop blades, too).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you use engines from a Hercules then the exhaust port could be your intake. 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

Here you go.  Now everyone can see what everyone is talking about.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..