E-75 Walkingtank "Hagelsturm" Finisched

Started by The Chaos, December 25, 2018, 07:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaos

On the Bence

chrisonord

You would certainly hear one of those trying to creep up on the battlefield. Looks great Chaos.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitnut617

Quote from: chrisonord on December 25, 2018, 09:06:03 AM
You would certainly hear one of those trying to creep up on the battlefield. Looks great Chaos.
Chris

It's funny but in the movies they always have the ground rumbling when the dinosaurs get running, but have you ever heard elephants making a the ground shake --- they are very quite on there feet. Same with ostriches --- 
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Dizzyfugu

Uh, that one has an Orkish touch to it...  :thumbsup: Great conversion, I like it a lot.  ;D

NARSES2

Certainly wouldn't want to meet it in a dark alley  ;)

Great build  :thumbsup:
Quote from: kitnut617 on December 25, 2018, 01:54:23 PM

It's funny but in the movies they always have the ground rumbling when the dinosaurs get running, but have you ever heard elephants making a the ground shake --- they are very quite on there feet. Same with ostriches --- 

I can assure you that if a baby elephant treads on one's foot it is quite heavy  ;D I was feeding it at the time as well, ungrateful, little  ;)

I do know what you mean though Robert.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Chaos

Scotaidh

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 25, 2018, 01:54:23 PM
Quote from: chrisonord on December 25, 2018, 09:06:03 AM
Chris

In my experience, elephants are very quiet, moving or static, when they want to be so.  Moving to the aid of a herd member in distress?  Very loud - going through vegetation instead of around it, trumpeting - very loud.

I imagine that this would have the normal heavy diesel engine noises on any tank, minus the squealing of rusty tracks.  Quieter than one might think, I suspect, especially if attention were paid to muffler design.  I could see two modes there - Sneaky and Blatant.  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

I think the guns lack of traverse would be a handicap.  A tracked tank could pivot on the spot a lot quicker then this could do an awkward shuffling pirouette.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

Now I have image of some kind of tank ballet

The Chaos

NARSES2

I still don't "get" these things but that's a great model  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Yeah, practicalities aside it's a great build.

Well done Chaos.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

THE more I look at these things the more I want one to convert. Your builds are excellent, they really are.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: chrisonord on January 18, 2019, 09:16:17 AM

THE more I look at these things the more I want one to convert.

Convert into what though Chris? A tank maybe................?  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit