My library just grew again 2019

Started by Rheged, December 30, 2018, 07:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

At the moment I am reading: WET WINGS & DROP TANKS: Recollections of American Transcontinental Air Racing, 1928-1970 by BIRCH J. MATTHEWS, that I find quite interesting.
And am waiting for a quite mixed  ;D bunch of books from various ebay and amazon sellers:

Land Speed Record From 39.24 to 600+ mph by David Posthumus
Les Camions Chevrolets 4x4 de l'Us Army by Andres, Didier
Tous les Renaults Militaires 1914 - 1940 Volume 1 by Lecocq, Laurent
Tous les Laffly Militaires 1914-1940 by Lecocq, Laurent
Canon M39 Rangefinder Lenses 1939-71 - A Collector's Guide by Peter Kitchingman
The Land Speed Record, 1930-1939 Brooklands Books by R.M. Clarke
Cameras of the Republic of China by St Denny, Douglas
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Steel Penguin

from the works,
Haynes manuals  for the buccaneer and the A380  ( which has a price list for the A3** range )
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

Quote from: Nick on January 19, 2019, 07:01:24 AM
Quote from: Weaver on January 17, 2019, 02:17:19 AM
Discovering Scarfolk by Richard Littler

Scarfolk is a town located somewhere in Northern England which is locked in a perpetual 1970s dystopia of concrete, overbearing government, disturbing public service notices, raging xenophobia, and DEFINITELY NOTHING SATANIC GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES.

For more information, please re-read this post.

They published a Scarfolk book?!  :o  :thumbsup:

I've just used my last Amazon voucher  :banghead:  I shall report myself to the relevant Ministry.

I already reported you. I didn't know what your Amazon voucher status was, but it seemed reasonable to assume that you must have done something wrong so, on the precautionary principle, I reported you anyway. You can thank me for my public-spiritedness later. When you get out.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

From the Works for £3, A Short History of Germany
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 14, 2019, 06:56:28 AM

So...how many volumes? :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

From today's Shuttleworth Show, Tony Buttler's 'Fighters 1935-1950' from the British Secret Projects series (LOTS of whiffable stuff in there) and Peter Davies' 'Northrop Flying Wings' from the X Plane series. The latter will go well with my recently bought Italeri YB-49 kit.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

A belated Christmas present: The Airfix Handbook - James May's Toy Stories

It's a mixture of the history of Airfix and the story of the 1:1 scale Spitfire that he built as part of the TV series. Pretty good stuff. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

JayBee

While there is a lot of talk on this forum about the Haynes Manual on the Buccaneer, here is one I got at Christmas/Xmas/Crimbo/Festive Season/or whatever you want to call it.

Each innovation gets two pages..
First is the "Scarff No2 ring mounting".
Last is the "Striker helmet and Striker II".

A book that I would describe as a "Coffee Table" book, rather than being for your technical library, but a very enjoyable read none the less.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 14, 2019, 06:56:28 AM

Read it on the train. It has certainly piqued my interest and some investment in thicker tombs may be necessary  ;D

We covered German history 1871 to 1953 for O Level back in 68, but I now need to know more about the period from 1700 through to 1871. I'm reasonable on the military side of things but that's it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 21, 2019, 07:30:27 AM
...investment in thicker tombs may be necessary...

Carefull, that sort of thinking led to the Valley of The Kings... :o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 22, 2019, 02:47:52 AM

Been there  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Received in the post today an Ebay purchase of

Secret Projects Soviet Bomber Projects Since 1945,

Only have a few left to get of the series now  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 22, 2019, 06:22:54 AM

Me too!  Fascinating, isn't it.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rick Lowe

Not mine, but from the local Library; "Shot down and on the run" by Graeme Pitchfork, as recommended by someone here recently - maybe last year?

Not even halfway through yet, but a good read so far.

B@//s of Steel, some of those Continental Types - and that's just the Girls...  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on February 22, 2019, 12:55:17 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 22, 2019, 06:22:54 AM

Me too!  Fascinating, isn't it.

Yup. It was the freshness and vibrancy of the colours used in the wall art that absolutely astonished me. That and the monumental scale of some of the pillars etc. I know we think we know how they did it, but it's still amazing.