Curtiss P-142E Warhawk III

Started by TomZ, December 30, 2018, 11:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

PR19_Kit

What the....................  :o :banghead:

That is truly weird, but has a certain 'something' about it, do please tell us more.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TomZ

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 30, 2018, 12:47:58 PM
That is truly weird, but has a certain 'something' about it, do please tell us more.

It's a Caprica Warhawk, from the TV series Caprica, a Galactica prequel.
Model from Fantastic Plastic:  http://fantastic-plastic.com/caprica-warhawk---catalog.html

TomZ

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TomZ on December 30, 2018, 01:07:21 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 30, 2018, 12:47:58 PM

It's a Caprica Warhawk, from the TV series Caprica, a Galactica prequel.
Model from Fantastic Plastic:  http://fantastic-plastic.com/caprica-warhawk---catalog.html

Thanks Tom, not anything I've ever heard of before.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

dumaniac

Very nice in deed - great concept

Tophe

Wonderful! This is the best addition I have ever seen in the Curtiss Hawk family! :thumbsup: :wub: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

dogsbody

This is my first visit to the forum in awhile. I've noticed your past few postings and I like your work. Quite interesting.
One small point that I have noticed is that you don't paint the prop tips yellow on those planes that might have them in reality.
It's a small thing but I tend to notice items like that. My wife has a phrase about me regarding my wee habit but decorum and forum rules forbid me from mentioning it here.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

TomZ

Quote from: dogsbody on January 14, 2019, 01:59:20 PM
One small point that I have noticed is that you don't paint the prop tips yellow on those planes that might have them in reality.

Chris,

As we are talking about the P-142 Warhawk III here, how do you know the propeller tips were painted yellow?  ;D
In my universe no tips were painted yellow. This for me has two reasons:

1) My start in modelling was Luftwaffe aircraft and they didn't have yellow tips.
2) I hate painting propeller tips. I never get them straight.

TomZ

kerick

Whatever works best for you I always say.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Reminds me somehow of the "Manta" aircraft/submarine thing from the "Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow" movie?

Air21

There's a technical reason for no tip paint, owing to the small diameter blades having to spin at such a high RPM any paint just flies right off!

An awesome build!

comrade harps

Wierd stuff! I like it :)

Quote from: TomZ on January 14, 2019, 11:36:41 PM

Chris,

As we are talking about the P-142 Warhawk III here, how do you know the propeller tips were painted yellow?  ;D

1) My start in modelling was Luftwaffe aircraft and they didn't have yellow tips.

TomZ

Straight, even, all the same size etc. Not my strong point either.  :banghead:
Whatever.

NARSES2

To be honest I just paint the yellow tips by "eye" (which isn't to good at the moment  :-\) on the basis that's life's way to short. Other short cuts I might take sometimes trouble my conscience, but this one doesn't for some reason.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dogsbody

Quote from: TomZ on January 14, 2019, 11:36:41 PM

Chris,

TomZ

Perfectly valid reason. I was just asking out of curiousity.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"