My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on November 23, 2019, 06:53:17 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 23, 2019, 01:00:16 PM

Is he the same one they supplied with the Old Bill bus, flat hat, moustache and his right arm out?

Not sure: it's this guy:

Ah no, two different driver moulds then, but equally detailed. :thumbsup:

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 24, 2019, 01:42:55 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 23, 2019, 03:47:45 AM

I was Whiffing a Special Hobby Vautour kit recently, but totally mis-read the instructions, AND the pics I had of the real thing, and laboriously filled in and puttied the main landing gear bays on the outer side of the engines!  :banghead:

It's difficult to UN-do that.................

So, you're going to have to go for extra-whiffiness, then. ;D

Yeah, like a hovercraft landing gear?  :o

Quote from: Hobbes on November 24, 2019, 04:47:17 AM

Masterkit Boeing 757. A company I've never heard of, this is a short run kit using strange plastic (somewhat translucent). I'm going to use this as the basis for a Fokker F-29.

Oh crumbs, I remember that heap of junk! The fuselage mould is 100% crib from the Welsh Models 757 vacform, even to the extent of copying the wrongly curved leading edge to the fin! The Masterkit fuselage fits EXACTLY into a Welsh vacform fuselage.

When I showed this to Denail Wade (Mr. Welsh Models) at the Telford show the year that kit came out I thought he was going to blow a fuse. IIRC he took legal action against Mastwerkit which is why they didn't last too long. They did a 737-300 too, which was equally copied.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 24, 2019, 06:02:29 AM
Oh crumbs, I remember that heap of junk! The fuselage mould is 100% crib from the Welsh Models 757 vacform, even to the extent of copying the wrongly curved leading edge to the fin! The Masterkit fuselage fits EXACTLY into a Welsh vacform fuselage.

When I showed this to Denail Wade (Mr. Welsh Models) at the Telford show the year that kit came out I thought he was going to blow a fuse. IIRC he took legal action against Mastwerkit which is why they didn't last too long. They did a 737-300 too, which was equally copied.

Good to know, thanks Kit. It's a good job I only need the fuselage (which is a double bubble, which would be difficult to scratchbuild).

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on November 23, 2019, 09:21:13 AM
Quote from: Gondor on November 23, 2019, 07:23:31 AM
Quote from: Gondor on November 22, 2019, 07:44:27 AM

Picked up another eBay win

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby Vautour IIN @Alamee de l@Air All Weather Fighter

Gondor

This one may be Swedish as a test aircraft as per a suggestion from my girl friend

Gondor

That is one imaginative lady!  I like the idea.

She says thank you

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

Won on eBay a pack of sanding sticks, plus foam sanding pads and a 1/72 EF-18G,  1/72 vacform G.Elliot Avro Shackleton MR.2, 1/40 DB7 and the Airfix 1/72 Mig-29.

Nick

Went over to the Hanslope HAMEX show yesterday. Rather quiet, they were packing up by 2:30pm.
I came home with a very nice large scale Thunderbirds set - in the 1/72 sort of scale range TB2. The seller threw in a bunch of snaptite modern Thunderbirds kits too, they will go well together as a diorama.

In Milton Keynes Hobbycraft I found the Revell 50% sale and a pair of Start Wars Snowspeeders came home.

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 24, 2019, 06:02:29 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on November 24, 2019, 01:42:55 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 23, 2019, 03:47:45 AM

I was Whiffing a Special Hobby Vautour kit recently, but totally mis-read the instructions, AND the pics I had of the real thing, and laboriously filled in and puttied the main landing gear bays on the outer side of the engines!  :banghead:

It's difficult to UN-do that.................

So, you're going to have to go for extra-whiffiness, then. ;D

Yeah, like a hovercraft landing gear?  :o

Spats? Skids? Tracks? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

For $2 you can't really whinge, can you. ;) :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Those are the types of scores I like best sometimes.
-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

From the Hobbycraft sale:

Revell 1/144th scale Space Shuttle Atlantis
Revell 1/72nd scale V-2
Revell 1/241st scale Millenium Falcon

From ebay:

Built, broken hotrod kit of some kind (it has scale rats on it...)
2 x Revell 1/32nd 1907 Renault Limousines

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on November 27, 2019, 04:57:15 AM
From the Hobbycraft sale:

Revell 1/144th scale Space Shuttle Atlantis
Revell 1/72nd scale V-2
Revell 1/241st scale Millenium Falcon

That'd make for an interesting scaleorama
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Spey_Phantom

just got back from christmas shopping in Maldegem, brought back a little gift for myself.

-Revell 1/72 Heinkel He177 A-5 "Greif" (with Fritz-X).
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Nick

Quote from: Flyer on November 26, 2019, 04:42:53 PM
Found a 1/72 F-18 kit by IDEA model co in a second hand shop today for $2, it was wrapped in plastic and rattled funnily and was heavy so I thought someone had put diecast toys in a model box or something along those lines but for the price I took a chance on it. It is a full unbuilt kit minus instructions and the rattley heavy item's were 7 tins of Humbrol enamels.  :mellow:

Kit has choice of single or dual seat versions but the clear part's are far from being clear, oh well...

I've never heard of IDEA Models but it turns out to have reboxed by Hobbycraft.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/idea-681-hc1353-us-navy-f-18-hornet--1011726

Mossie

Very similar to H's haul from the Hobbycraft sale:
2x Revell 1/72 V-2
1x Millennium Falcon
1x X-Wing
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Quote from: Nick on November 27, 2019, 06:57:45 AM
Quote from: Flyer on November 26, 2019, 04:42:53 PM
Found a 1/72 F-18 kit by IDEA model co in a second hand shop today for $2, it was wrapped in plastic and rattled funnily and was heavy so I thought someone had put diecast toys in a model box or something along those lines but for the price I took a chance on it. It is a full unbuilt kit minus instructions and the rattley heavy item's were 7 tins of Humbrol enamels.  :mellow:

Kit has choice of single or dual seat versions but the clear part's are far from being clear, oh well...

I've never heard of IDEA Models but it turns out to have reboxed by Hobbycraft.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/idea-681-hc1353-us-navy-f-18-hornet--1011726

The big book says it's the other way around, the company Idea produced kits from Aoshima, Hobbycraft, Hasegawa, Fujimi, Revell, Monogram, Otaki and several other companies (that's right out of the book  ;D ) It is a Korean company.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Howard of Effingham

On a very wet Wednesday in Coventry I just happened to leave The Paint Rack with.....

1/35 Tamiya Livestock set
1/72 Italeri Harrier GR1 '50th Anniversary of the Transatlantic Air Race'

and some superglue.
Keeper of George the Cat.