Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Who makes the Stalwart ?   want want want ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 24, 2019, 05:36:15 PM

ACE, IIRC - amongst a swag of other Brit cold war stuff.

http://acemodel.com.ua/en/model/654

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

DogfighterZen

Well, xmas does have it's advantages... :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

chrisonord

Like Rick says, Robert.  It is a nice  kit to build  with lots if detail amd fiddly bits, including  pe windscreen wipers.  I built  one last year, its in the armour  thread somewhere.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on December 25, 2019, 03:35:36 AM

S&M Models also does some Stollies:
http://sandmmodels.co.uk/

Yes, I've got one of theirs, planning it to be a 'tow boat' for my Monterey flying boat.

I'd like to know how the ACE kit compares though Fred.

And that He-219 looks VERY Whiffable too............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 24, 2019, 10:08:04 PM

Thanks Rick, I can now decipher their logo in the bottom corner of the pic  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mossie

:wacko: to
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 25, 2019, 04:01:49 AM
Yes, I've got one of theirs, planning it to be a 'tow boat' for my Monterey flying boat.

I'd like to know how the ACE kit compares though Fred.

A friend has built both and prefers the Ace kit. IIRC detail and fit are better.  There's the slight scale difference too which doesn't worry him.

I've got an old white metal BW Models ki somewhere. Built it but I wasn't happy with the paint job so stripped, it only for the Fairy Power spray to attack the glue I used! 
It did a pretty thorough job of removing the glue so it should go together fine again.  Not everyone's cup of tea, I liked it and found it fine to build.  Swapped the wheels with a JB Models Saladin as the BW ones were badly moulded.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Nick

This year I have gratefully received some plastic and some paper  :thumbsup:

1/72 Revell Hawker Hunter
1/144 Revell Space Shuttle Atlantis

Haynes manual for the Blackburn Buccaneer.
Wally Funk's Race For Space - she was the youngest of the 13 American pilots in the Women In Space project.

And a lot of alcohol which the doctors have advised me to cut down on. Consume sparingly, I think is the answer.  :cheers:

philp

My Secret Santaski (I'm a member of the CoMMiES (Colorado Modeling Militia interested in especially Science Fiction) got me a few things off of my Wish List.

The new Airfix Me262B-1a/U1 and three Green Strawberry Star Wars Hanger items in 72nd, Hanger Equipment III, Hanger Equipment IV and Hanger crew VI mechanics.

Looks like I need to build a few of my ships and get to work on my hanger scene.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 25, 2019, 07:37:48 AM

Thanks Rick, I can now decipher their logo in the bottom corner of the pic  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Glad to help.

Sometimes it's only after someone mentions it that you realize the 'funny squiggles' in the corner are a logo, rather than, well, 'funny squiggles'... Ask Me, etc... :banghead:

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 25, 2019, 11:58:30 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on December 25, 2019, 07:37:48 AM

Glad to help.

Sometimes it's only after someone mentions it that you realize the 'funny squiggles' in the corner are a logo, rather than, well, 'funny squiggles'... Ask Me, etc... :banghead:

Indeed.

UK based Kitform Services (KFS) do a $400 1/24 full detail resin Stolly which is way out of my price range,  I'd love a 1/35 styrene kit (and a 1/35 styrene DUKW for that matter).
The Platz UHU is the Dragon kit with extra stuff.  including cast nose weights, which is nice.  I am toying with giving it the multiple gun installations from the Revell Messerschmitt P.1099.

Santa brought me some more aircraft for the RAEF (Republic of Australia Eggforce) - Tomcat, Raptor, Harrier and Intruder.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

AeroplaneDriver

Santa was good to me this year.  Among my presents she found a place for Tamiya's gorgeous new 1/48 P-38.  Now to get building again!!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Spey_Phantom

new christmas arrivals  ;D

from Aliexpress;

-5 x rolls of 18mm masking tape (tamiya quality for a fraction of the price).

from DACO Decals:

-3 x 1/200 Boeing 737 SABENA decals (when i only ordered 1 set  ;D )
-2 x 1/72 Belgian Spitfire decals (source of roundels)
-1 x 1/72 Belgian F-84F & RF-84F Thunderstreak decals.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Surprisingly one of the post lunch pressies was a kit  :thumbsup:

New tool Airfix Me 262A-2A Bomber. I'm thinking Hungarian or maybe Romanian AF. It will be interesting to see if the slight problem I had with the wing leading edge/engine on the one I built when it first came out was me or the kit ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.