My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nighthunter

My USS Shenzhou arrived by post in great condition, now to figure out paint and custom name decals. I'm making it the USS Nathan James NCC-1280.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: nighthunter on October 13, 2019, 08:01:28 AM
My USS Shenzhou arrived by post in great condition, now to figure out paint and custom name decals. I'm making it the USS Nathan James NCC-1280.

Who was Nathan James? I would have gone for USS Nathan Hale which was a Lafayette class SSBN Submarine.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Rheged

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on October 14, 2019, 09:20:50 AM

Who was Nathan James? I would have gone for USS Nathan Hale which was a Lafayette class SSBN Submarine.

I'm waiting for a BENEDICT ARNOLD to appear, purely for the confusion of the uneducated and JMN population.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on October 14, 2019, 09:35:12 AM

I'm waiting for a BENEDICT ARNOLD to appear, purely for the confusion of the uneducated and JMN population.

USS or HMS?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

nighthunter

Nathan James is a fictional character in the book and TV Series The Last Ship (which both have him as different US Navy Officers, the book has him as an Ensign, while the TV series has him as a Captain). The Star Trek universe will have him as a Starfleet Commander, during the Earth-Romulan War at the Battle of Cheron, valiantly sacrificed his life and his vessel to save the lives of his crew. A Walker-class exploration cruiser was named in his honor. That vessel. After surviving the Federation-Klingon War, was retired and turned into a Museum Ship, for the next 120 years... You'll have to wait to hear the rest after the group build starts. :wink:

nighthunter

Quote from: scooter on October 14, 2019, 09:35:40 AM

USS or HMS?
Probably neither as he was Army, not navy

scooter

Quote from: nighthunter on October 14, 2019, 09:56:16 AM

USS or HMS?
Probably neither as he was Army, not navy

Ah, but he did command a fleet at the Battle of Valcour Island during the Lake Champlain campaign, and was a merchant captain before the war.
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

The Wooksta!

Was given a Ventura Spitfire mk VIII at the weekend.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

USS or HMS?
[/quote]

HMAS - His/Her Majesties American Navy ?  :angel: Maybe he picked the right side after all ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 15, 2019, 06:07:46 AM

USS or HMS?

HMAS - His/Her Majesties American Navy ?  :angel: Maybe he picked the right side after all ?  ;)
[/quote]

To follow Harry Turtledove's naming convention from the Two Georges- HMNAS His/Her Majesty's North American Ship. ;D
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

elmayerle

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 15, 2019, 06:07:46 AM

USS or HMS?

[/quote]
Perhaps something from Stephen White's Her majesty's American?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

The Chaos

NARSES2

Some interesting books and kits there Chaos. Particularly interested in what you do with the E75 Assault Mortar
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on October 15, 2019, 08:38:31 AM

To follow Harry Turtledove's naming convention from the Two Georges- HMNAS His/Her Majesty's North American Ship. ;D

I've got that in the library, but I don't think I've read it. Bought it when I was in to Turtledove but then a couple of his books disappointed me so I never got around to it. Maybe something to drag out for the train to Telford and back ?

scooter

It's not a bad read, for what amounts to a detective novel in an alt-hist setting.  Includes some rather interesting characters based on real people as well.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx