My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Payne

Picked up 3 of the new Airfix 1/72 Blackburn Buccaneer S.2C's at the Newark show last Sunday.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

TheChronicOne

:unsure:   $16 so what the hell.
-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Weaver on October 16, 2019, 06:26:26 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 16, 2019, 05:37:01 PM

Turboprop it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

;D ;D ;D Sheeeyit...   ;D ;D       I had for about .5 seconds consider slapping wings on it somehow.  :rolleyes: :wacko:

In the realm of something more plausible, I wonder if it would be possible to turn this into the cruiser in Space Balls that transformed and sucked the atmo out of that planet. Scratch up a vacuum cleaner, etc. Definitely not something I'd undertake, but someone could (and perhaps already has).
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 16, 2019, 07:28:17 PM

;D ;D ;D Sheeeyit...   ;D ;D       I had for about .5 seconds consider slapping wings on it somehow.  :rolleyes: :wacko:

Yes, LONG ones!  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 16, 2019, 11:10:48 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 16, 2019, 07:28:17 PM

Yes, LONG ones!  ;)

very long ones in this case.
Keeper of George the Cat.

zenrat

Bring it out of retirement as a mobile suit.

;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Conversion fodder: a Plastic Soldier Company 1:72 German Sd.Kfz. 231 8-Rad Armoured Car

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on October 16, 2019, 08:48:34 AM
It's not a bad read, for what amounts to a detective novel in an alt-hist setting.  Includes some rather interesting characters based on real people as well.

Cheers Scoot. I seem to remember a synopsis I've read now, so train it is  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

That Statue of Liberty would certainly make an interesting centre piece for a display.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on October 17, 2019, 01:27:03 AM
Bring it out of retirement as a mobile suit.

;D

You should pitch that idea to some video game makers and try to squeeze some money out of them. That would make for a pretty cool premise for a video game level....    matter of fact, I think Ghostbusters did pretty much just this in GB II.  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Nick

Cut the head off and bury it in some sand...

The Wooksta!

I was thinking that...

Another take on that image:

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

From Aliexpress, a 4D Models J15 Eggplane.  This is a pre=painted knock off of the Hasegawa kit.  I already have a yellow version I bought at Model Expo last year which turned out to be missing its canopy.
I suspect it will end up in an RAAF scheme.
20191018_170738 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Christmas has come  early  in my house  and a parcel  containing a small amount  of expensive resin was given  to me by my girlfriend.  Apparently,  she does  listen to me  when I  talk to her about  what I am building,  and  what I would like to build  :-X
Anyway  said kit is the Fantastic Plastic (Anigrand) Vickers  Armstrong  Type 599, and  very  nice  it is too, it looks  a nice easy  build,  so it  ver3 well could  be on the bench  when I have finished the  F-105, SR.53  and Delta II . I am going to have to  up my game  big time this Christmas  aren't I.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!