My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Nice addition to the stash   :thumbsup:

Quote from: chrisonord on October 18, 2019, 05:07:13 AM
I am going to have to  up my game  big time this Christmas  aren't I.
Chris

You certainly are Chris. I don't think the tin of Quality Street will crack it this year  ;)

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 18, 2019, 05:59:06 AM
Nice addition to the stash   :thumbsup:

Quote from: chrisonord on October 18, 2019, 05:07:13 AM
I am going to have to  up my game  big time this Christmas  aren't I.
Chris

You certainly are Chris. I don't think the tin of Quality Street will crack it this year  ;)
Haha, no.  It's going to have to be a tin of roses I  think  ;D ;D
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

TheChronicOne

This I plan to be a what-if USAF Thunderbirds pilots' shuttle. This fancy gimmick can roll up and disperse the pilots right before they hop in their aeroplanes to do a demonstration. (sounds like reasoble BS to me!)  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 18, 2019, 04:53:41 PM

This I plan to be a what-if USAF Thunderbirds pilots' shuttle. This fancy gimmick can roll up and disperse the pilots right before they hop in their aeroplanes to do a demonstration. (sounds like reasoble BS to me!)  :thumbsup:

Nice.  I'd like that in 1/25.

I dropped into the LHS to get more Tamiya Extra Thin Glue (I knocked it over again).  They didn't have any but I did come away with an Academy 1/72 Banshee - Black Aces boxing.  This is the Hobbycraft mould and builds up OK although it does have undetailed far too shallow undercarriage bays

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 16, 2019, 11:10:48 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 16, 2019, 07:28:17 PM
Quote from: Weaver on October 16, 2019, 06:26:26 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 16, 2019, 05:37:01 PM
<Statue of Liberty kit pic>

Turboprop it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

;D ;D ;D Sheeeyit...   ;D ;D       I had for about .5 seconds consider slapping wings on it somehow.  :rolleyes: :wacko:

Yes, LONG ones!  ;)

I nearly said that but decided to leave it to you.... ;D :wacko: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 17, 2019, 05:51:10 AM
That Statue of Liberty would certainly make an interesting centre piece for a display.

I've thought for a while that it would be interesting to display a set of air-racers turning around some piece of architecture as if it's a waypoint in a race. You build the models with thin metal rods coming out of their wing tips and then have them supported off the centre-piece directly. You could do this with the Statue of Liberty model since it's 13" high, but it works out at 1:225 scale, so unless you can find some VERY small plane kits, it's going to have to be an exercise in forced perspective.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on October 19, 2019, 12:20:38 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 16, 2019, 11:10:48 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 16, 2019, 07:28:17 PM
Quote from: Weaver on October 16, 2019, 06:26:26 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 16, 2019, 05:37:01 PM
<Statue of Liberty kit pic>

Turboprop it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

;D ;D ;D Sheeeyit...   ;D ;D       I had for about .5 seconds consider slapping wings on it somehow.  :rolleyes: :wacko:

Yes, LONG ones!  ;)

I nearly said that but decided to leave it to you.... ;D :wacko: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on October 19, 2019, 12:27:14 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 17, 2019, 05:51:10 AM
That Statue of Liberty would certainly make an interesting centre piece for a display.

I've thought for a while that it would be interesting to display a set of air-racers turning around some piece of architecture as if it's a waypoint in a race. You build the models with thin metal rods coming out of their wing tips and then have them supported off the centre-piece directly. You could do this with the Statue of Liberty model since it's 13" high, but it works out at 1:225 scale, so unless you can find some VERY small plane kits, it's going to have to be an exercise in forced perspective.

Monogram used to sell their 1/72 Bearcat and P-51B Mustang in a two plane set like that. The decals were for a pair of pylon racers, the Mustang being in Paul Mantz's scheme and it came with a cut out cardboard pylon AND wires to support your racers!

It's ages since I've seen the kit, and I bet they go for a pretty penny these days too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Someone should knock up a pair of racers and a pylon with a low speed motor so they chase each other round the pylon until the power runs out (i'm looking at you Strobez  ;D)

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 19, 2019, 04:48:57 AM

Someone should knock up a pair of racers and a pylon with a low speed motor so they chase each other round the pylon until the power runs out (i'm looking at you Strobez  ;D)

When I was at BR us in the Tilt Development Office were seen as '......that weird bunch in 220....' so we went out of our way to confirm this. One Christmas, when everyone else was putting up tinsel and mini-Christmas trees we had a 'Santa Plane' for our office decoration.

It was a 1/144 FROG 707 kit that had had a hefty 26D slot racing motor grafted into its nose with a small prop affixed to the shaft. This contraption then hung by it's port wingtip from the light fitting, and we fed 12-15V down to the motor from a hefty slot controller into it, with the result that as we added more and more volts the motor spun fast enough to spin the 707 out onto the end of the wires and round and round it went just below the ceiling!  :thumbsup:

It was painted red and white of course, with added cotton wool decorations etc. and of course we fitted it with a slip ring on the light fitting or it would have wound itself into oblivion!

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 19, 2019, 05:02:06 AM
Quote from: zenrat on October 19, 2019, 04:48:57 AM

When I was at BR us in the Tilt Development Office were seen as '......that weird bunch in 220....' so we went out of our way to confirm this. One Christmas, when everyone else was putting up tinsel and mini-Christmas trees we had a 'Santa Plane' for our office decoration.

It was a 1/144 FROG 707 kit that had had a hefty 26D slot racing motor grafted into its nose with a small prop affixed to the shaft. This contraption then hung by it's port wingtip from the light fitting, and we fed 12-15V down to the motor from a hefty slot controller into it, with the result that as we added more and more volts the motor spun fast enough to spin the 707 out onto the end of the wires and round and round it went just below the ceiling!  :thumbsup:

It was painted red and white of course, with added cotton wool decorations etc. and of course we fitted it with a slip ring on the light fitting or it would have wound itself into oblivion!

:thumbsup: :wacko: :thumbsup: :wacko:

You are giving me ideas Kit!  ;)
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

You don't need ME to give you ideas Trevor!  ;D ;D ;) ;)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

From the Glasgow show to-day :

1/144 Platz MU-2, two in the box, and ye Gods they are tiny.
1/144 Super44 A-4F Skyhawk, this is the Eduard packageing of the Platz/Sweet kit (can't remember which.
1 bottle of MIG accrylic "Faded Sinai Grey"
A pack of 1/72 Jet pipes/burner cans for early and late F-4 Phantoms. 12 in the pack being 6 early and 6 late, and they are injectedstyrene.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Gondor

From the Glasgow show today

Revell 1/72 Shackleton MR3 new boxing
Zevda 1/72 SU-32 FN

Revel 1/72 boxing of the Matchbox Wellington Kit from Lee along with some Spitfire bits

Some 0.20" plastic card and some Flexifile sanding sticks and a couple of Tamiya paints X-12 and XF-28

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Today from Glasgow - very restrained!

Freightdog Supermarine 227 "Shrew"

And I can't remember the name of the trader/manufacturer, but they do a lot of commercial trucks and I found a 1968 BMC van that looks to be a dead ringer for the one used by Reegan in the Doctor Who story "The Ambassadors of Death".  However, I can't find a photo of it online.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic