My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Package from the Hannants arrived today. Everything in 1/72.

Airfix Blackburn Buccaneer S.2C  - finally a new Bucc!  8) Not sure if whiffed or real world. Got some Xtradecal decals for RAF and SAAF Buccs, but maybe something else. Airfix was a bit stingy regarding the armament (2x 1000lbs GP bombs, 2 x rocket pods). I kinda want to put some Exocets on this. French? Italian? Belgian with a lot of Mk 82s? Or Kormorans and in Marineflieger markings in the experimental scheme seen on a Tornado (as on the Italeri boxart)?

Iran ("Navy" colours) or Iraq? Saudi-Arabia?

DreamModel AS565 Panther in French livery - probably real world.
HADmodels MiG-21 decals for a Hungarian MiG-21bis in special markings. The Indian option also looks pretty cool.
Kits-World P-47D Thunderbolt "Squirt II" decals. Real world.
Kuivalainen MiG-3 pre-coloured photo-etch parts for the Hobby Boss Mig-3. I kinda want to build it as an operational version of the XP-37 for the "US enters WWII early" GB.
Model Alliance "Wings of Stars - US Army Air Corps 1919-1941" Part I and II  - both on sale at the moment, at 33% off. Some decal options for the "US enters WWII early" GB. 
ResKit pack of four R-3R Atoll AAMs - the radar-guided version. Two of these will go on the Soviet MiG-21SM.
PJ Productions RAF pilots ('90s) seated in aircraft. Crew for the Bucc.
Xtradecal decals for the Bucc
Xtradecal for the BAe Hawk T. Mk.1 - several real world builds planned.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Old Wombat

Ordered today:

1 x Academy 1/35 USMC Bell AH-1Z Viper "Shark Mouth" Helicopter (AC 12127)
1 x MAIM 1/35 Card Players (2 resin figures w/sticker) (MAIM35653)
1 x Testors Glosscote Lacquer (1-3/4 fl. oz. / 51.7ml) (TES-TT1161)
1 x Thunder Model 1/35 British Scammell Pioneer R100 Artillery Tractor (TDM-35202)
1 x LZ Models 1/35 Scammell Pioneer Artillery/Recovery Tractor Wheels for Thunder Model kits (6pcs) (LZ35462)
1 x Eduard 1/48 AIM-9B Sidewinder for Eduard kit (ED 648028)
1 x Eduard 1/48 AIM-9D Sidewinder Short-Range Air-to-Air Missiles (4pcs) (ED 648156)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 24, 2019, 05:01:34 PM
Quote from: Thorvic on October 24, 2019, 02:57:59 PM
http://roadtransportimages.com/online-shop/item/548-bmc-ea-440-4-4-ton-panel-van-barn-doors-rear

So is it the right van for the Episode ?

Yes.  Just wish I could remember where I'd left my Airfix astronauts...

If you can't find them then don't worry - they're in production again. Order them via the Airfix website for £5 each IIRC.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Got my Airfix Motorhead Heinkel 111 from Hannants today. :wub: Rather puzzling since I put it on backorder with them after Airfix ran out, so where they got the stock from I don't know. Not complaining mind you. It's a 1st batch one with stock decals as well as the special ones.

Like Fred, I'm a little disappointed that the Motorhead decals are white rather than chrome or iridescent, but they'll still look good. Since the rest of the plane is black (instructions say matt but it looks more like gloss to me), I wonder whether the car modelling world has something like an iridescent or pearlescent clear lacquer that you can spray the whole thing with but which will show up more on the white bits?

I still have one on backorder with Airfix, which will presumably come from the 2nd batch (Motorhead decals only) due in the January. If I end up with two, then one of them will be contributing to a whiff project... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

Tamiya do a pearl clear in their TS range of rattle can paints.  You'd want to use their TS gloss black as well as Tamiya paints can be a bit sensitive to what they are sprayed on top of.
Alternatively you can get pearl powder which you add to your clear.  This will have the same effect but beware of putting in too much as it will make the white look pink (don't ask me etc).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Cheers Fred!  :thumbsup:

Just having a look, and there's a metallic black that might be even more appropriate.

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 24, 2019, 07:57:54 PM
Ordered today:

1 x Thunder Model 1/35 British Scammell Pioneer R100 Artillery Tractor (TDM-35202)

So what's it going to be pulling ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 25, 2019, 05:48:42 AM
Ordered today:

Ratte?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Quote from: scooter on October 25, 2019, 07:44:39 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 25, 2019, 05:48:42 AM
Ordered today:

Ratte?

Nothing. ;D

I like the look of it as a truck. Not really sure what I'm going to do with it but I'm leaning toward a "Zombie Apocalypse '44" vehicle with minimal modifications but, perhaps, a lot of weapons. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Collected an eBay purchase today

1 x Airfix 1/72 Boeing Fortress Mk.III whhich will be built almost streight out of the box as a 100 Group aircraft

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 25, 2019, 08:16:48 AM

I like the look of it as a truck. Not really sure what I'm going to do with it but I'm leaning toward a "Zombie Apocalypse '44" vehicle with minimal modifications but, perhaps, a lot of weapons. ;)

I know what you mean. It was always one of my favourite Dinky Toys (UK Die Cast). I had the tow truck version, also the tank transporter, but that from memory was an early 50's rather than WWII vehicle ? More "rounded".
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 26, 2019, 01:50:05 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on October 25, 2019, 08:16:48 AM

I know what you mean. It was always one of my favourite Dinky Toys (UK Die Cast). I had the tow truck version, also the tank transporter, but that from memory was an early 50's rather than WWII vehicle ? More "rounded".

The Dinky tank transporter was a Thornycroft 'Mighty Antar'. I had one and it was by far the heaviest toy I had!  :o

It impressed my Dad as he read up on the real thing and found it was powered by a sawn off Merlin, a V8 diesel version called the Meteorite.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 26, 2019, 02:38:15 AM
The Dinky tank transporter was a Thornycroft 'Mighty Antar'. I had one and it was by far the heaviest toy I had!  :o

I had one of those too --- until my Dad drove over it (used to build outdoor dioramas with my toys back then). The tractor got broken right behind the cab so I converted the rear end to have a tow-bar and had it pulled with another truck.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Snowtrooper

Quote from: Weaver on October 25, 2019, 03:52:57 AM
Got my Airfix Motorhead Heinkel 111 from Hannants today. :wub: Rather puzzling since I put it on backorder with them after Airfix ran out, so where they got the stock from I don't know.
Typically, the manufacturer orders a bit extra from the factory than what they expect to sell to wholesellers/retailers in case of defects, missing containers, etc. Then the wholeseller/retailer orders a bit extra to cover for the same reason. In the end, if there are fewer botched products and missing parcels than anticipated, the extra stock can be released to sale, but this of course in the case of preordered items happens after an item has been declared to be out of stock. I would guess that this was the case here as well (especially those big decals may have caused Airfix to hesitate whether they print out OK).

TheChronicOne

Got in some decals today, and unlike some I got the other day, these weren't folded in half through the sheet prior to being stuffed in the envelope!

:rolleyes:

The ones I got today:

Nice!!!  I got these in 1/72 (for a Connie) with larger wide body 1/144 airliners in mind. A throw-back DC-10, Tristar, or 747...... something like that.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-