My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Pan-Am retro scheme? Cool idea!

Or, given that Pan-Am bit the dust, would 'Zombie Scheme' be more appropriate??  ;)

TheChronicOne

I think you're right!!! And how appropriate for late October.  :wacko: :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

The Chaos

JayBee

That is an impressive haul. I just wish I could read Japanese  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

TheChronicOne

What is the JLC thing there wit' the spacers? Pretty cool stuff.
-Sprues McDuck-

philp

Being the IPMS/USA Reviewer Corp shipping clerk has increased my stash a bunch but can't whiff any of it.  Or can I?

Latest in my hands is the new Zoukei-Mura Ho-229.

The kit comes with both 72nd and 1/144th scale kits.  I sent the smaller one on to the 1st VP as he likes that scale and kept the 72nd one for myself.
If you have ever seen their large scale kits with all the internals, the 72nd one has the same.  Really need to think on whether I want to build to display the internals or just put it all together and do a scheme for the outside.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

McColm

Won on Ebay all in 1/72 scale;
Do 24 flying boat
Bristol Superfreighter
Mach2 project already started Argosy,  from some of the photos it looks painted as well.

The Wooksta!

TBH, the only real reason to get the 72nd ZM Ho 229 is the internal detail which IMO isn't as good as everyone seems to be raving about.  Unless you *really* want one open, you're better off with the Revell kit. 

In any case, they're only applicable to the V3 prototype - the production version would have had a revised, deeper and more blended underside with revised u/c doors.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

This lot arrived today:

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 24, 2019, 07:57:54 PM
1 x Academy 1/35 USMC Bell AH-1Z Viper "Shark Mouth" Helicopter (AC 12127)
1 x MAIM 1/35 Card Players (2 resin figures w/sticker) (MAIM35653)
1 x Testors Glosscote Lacquer (1-3/4 fl. oz. / 51.7ml) (TES-TT1161)
1 x Thunder Model 1/35 British Scammell Pioneer R100 Artillery Tractor (TDM-35202)
1 x LZ Models 1/35 Scammell Pioneer Artillery/Recovery Tractor Wheels for Thunder Model kits (6pcs) (LZ35462)
1 x Eduard 1/48 AIM-9B Sidewinder for Eduard kit (ED 648028)
1 x Eduard 1/48 AIM-9D Sidewinder Short-Range Air-to-Air Missiles (4pcs) (ED 648156)

And I went to the local ToyWorld & bought a 1/72 Airfix B-25 C/D to be whiffed into a high-speed bomber, similar to the Mosquito concept (idea courtesy of taiidantomcat over on BtS).

Have to say that all 3 kits look brilliant in the box. Crisp, flash-free moulding, nicely done panel lines & good details.

The Sidewinders are typical Eduard excellence.

The MAiM figure set comes with 2 figures which look slightly out of proportion (legs look a bit too long & heads look a bit too small) but still very usable, also comes with a stack of 2 tyres, a tree stump, 3 plastic drink crates but only 10 clear resin bottles to go in them, a card table & pre-cut self-adhesive decals for the cards, bottles & crates.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

From BNA Modelworld - all 1/35

Tamiya German Infantry Weapons set.
Master Box WWII German Tankman - Die Skatspieler
MiniArt Soviet Tank Crew at Rest [Special Edition]
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

just place a small online order at my favorite hobbyshop (and no, its not AliExpress).

-Revell 1/72 F-104G Starfighter BAF/KLu
-Eduard 1/72 MiG-21MF (CZ Weekend Edition)
-Italeri 1/72 F-35A Lightning II
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

kitnut617

Quote from: Nils on November 01, 2019, 03:27:00 AM
just place a small online order at my favorite hobbyshop (and no, its not AliExpress).

-Revell 1/72 F-104G Starfighter BAF/KLu
-Eduard 1/72 MiG-21MF (CZ Weekend Edition)
-Italeri 1/72 F-35A Lightning II

You'll need a pile of sanding paper for that F-35A too Nils, the raised panel lines on it are horrendous ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Chaos

chrisonord

Just picked up from the post office,  via the bay of evil.
Italeri  RB-66 Destroyer,  this will be a maritime patrol bomber  with a pair of Bristol  Olympus  engines  wing mounted  fuel tanks and possibly some  offensive  weapons  fitted  underneath the wings  also.  Thinking of either  a pair of scratch  build  prototype  anti ship missiles,  or some  racks with heavy  individual rockets on.  I  have  some  of the ones that are supplied  with the airfix  skyraider that should  do the job. It  might  get some  cannons  in the front  fuselage  too.
Also  an Airfix  Harrier gr1,  got this at a reasonable price too, as was the destroyer. This might  be a weapons  test bed aircraft.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

That B-66 is a nice kit Chris, surprisingly large too, and goes together well.  :thumbsup:

Use STRONG glue on the landing gear though, it's a strange shape.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit