My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 02, 2019, 08:27:10 AM
That B-66 is a nice kit Chris, surprisingly large too, and goes together well.  :thumbsup:

Use STRONG glue on the landing gear though, it's a strange shape.
Cheers  Kit,
I built the old issue  of it in the 90's, converted it into a  skywarrior, with refueling  pods under the wings,  and  in navy  Strike school markings.  Unfortunately it  didn survive.  I can't  remember how it went  together  though. I shall take  your advice,  and probably use cyano glue  on the landing gear.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Nick

Popped over to Hannants this afternoon. Haven't been there for a couple of years (last time they were closed). The whole area has changed massively since I first went there in the mid-90s to the RAF Museum. Lots of new apartment blocks and streets with aviation names.
I stopped to visit the supermarket on Bristol Avenue and the four newest blocks were named: Buccaneer Court, Jaguar Court, Panavia Court and CASA Court  :-\ 
I get the first two, Panavia is a stretch for Hendon but CASA?  :unsure:   Civil Aviation Safety Authority? Construcciones Aeronáuticas SA?

Came back with a pot of Xtracrylix Red Arrows Red. It is red.  ;D

On the second-hand shelf looking very lonely was a Matchbox Challenger tank. I gave it a new home. The artwork reminds me of going to Beatties or Woolworths as a kid.

chrisonord

Almost  forgot  abou3 this addition to the  RAF  effort. My Valom Twin Pioneer  CC.mk1 arrived today,  not  had a proper  look at it yet,  but  hopefully it will go together well, and  take  pride of place  on the shelf  with  the other  stuff.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on November 01, 2019, 03:27:00 AM
just place a small online order at my favorite hobbyshop (and no, its not AliExpress).

-Revell 1/72 F-104G Starfighter BAF/KLu
-Eduard 1/72 MiG-21MF (CZ Weekend Edition)
-Italeri 1/72 F-35A Lightning II

arrived today  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Rat

Browsing today in a local shop which has all sorts of old kits, found an Airfix HMS Suffolk, which will be done up for #1 son, as he is a nautical buff. Some physical problems and health problems make it difficult for him to model himself, so I make them for him. I rarely do anything other than aircraft, so this will be a change of pace. He's also a fan of the Hawker Hurricane, so I've made a number of those for him over the years.

Also grabbed the old Frog Supermarine Attacker, and a Heller Spitfire Mk XVI. These will be turned into a "What if?" Problems with the aerodynamics of the Attacker were placed on the laminar flow wing that was originally used on the Spiteful, and some remarked that they should have just used Spitfire wings. Well, guess what I'm going to do?! Might even use the empennage from the Spitfire. If the Frog decals are still good I'll use them, if not there are plenty of options available to my warped mind.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

nighthunter

So got a few things inbound:

1/72:

Arrived today:
Matchbox Hawker Fury
Revell Nieuport 28
Fujimi M4A3 HVSS (1/76)

Still en route

1/72:
Hasagawa M3 Stuart
Hasagawa CCKW Fuel Truck

Arrived yesterday:
1/230:
Revell "Skipjack class" submarine

Also, if anyone has a 1/72 Soviet BA model heavy armored car that they'd be willing to part with, I'd appreciate it.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Old Wombat

En route from BNA Models in Melbourne;

2 x Eduard (Brassin) 1/48 AIM-9X Sidewinder Short-range air-to-air Missile Set (ED 648435)
1 x Bravo Six 1/35 Tank Crews Lazy Afternoon (2 figures) (B6-35312)
1 x Bravo Six 1/35 "Life is Good" - US Soldier, Dog & Piss Tube (B6-35316)
1 x Bravo Six 1/35 Grunt Vol.4 Willie "TEX" (B6-35313)
1 x Tiger Models 1/35 French VBL Milan Anti-tank Missile Carrier (TIG-4618)

It's a race to see which arrives first, the AIM-9B's from the USA, which have taken a side-trip to Canada, or the AIM-9X's from BNA ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Howard of Effingham

Friday evening's haul from SMW2019

1/72 Matchbox DHC Twin Otter [from Nick]
1/72 Spitfire twin blade prop' 2 off [from The Wooksta]
Keeper of George the Cat.

Gondor

Arrived in the post today...

Series Espanolas 1 x 1/72 North American F-86 F Sabre Todos Los Escuadrones (1956-1972)

Series Espanolas 1 x 1/72 Ejercito Del Aire EF-18 A/B Hornet

The F-86 will be real world while the EF-18 will not

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

At SMW (all 1/72):

For realworldery:
Eduard Weekend Edition Spitfire VIII
Xtrakit Spitfire F.22
FROG Lightning F6

For whiffery:
Airfix Hunter FGA9
FROG A-4K Skyhawk
One of TSRJoe's Huntsman fuselages (cheers Joe)

Plus Freightdog tandem-seat Hunter Fighter (All Weather) and Lightning F1/2/3 conversions and an HPM Javelin FAW9 jet pipe correction set.

And flogged 8 unwanted kits.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Rat

Flea market just down the road had quite a few models at one booth. Picked up a Cyber Hobby 1/200th Vulcan for $12, and a Revell 1/48th Stearman for $15.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

A small haul from Telford today, probably more tomorrow.

Revell (ex-FROG) Sea Vixen FAW2 courtesy of The Wooksta (mucho thanks Lee) and he added four Aeroclub 20 mm Hispano cannon, suitable for Shackleton turrets.  :thumbsup:

An RAF 60s-70s paint set from Hataka, first one I've bought.

A 1/148 scale 25 pdr, Quad and limber from Gramodel (don't ask.....)

A 1/72 Belcher bits Bomarc launcher, destined for other purposes, but it'll still be a launcher.

A resin Vulcan AEW radome and a pre-production Scott-Furlong Predator from TSR Joe.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Telford Saturday haul:

From traders:

3 x S&M Models 1/144th scale MUSTARD spaceplanes, plus a free jar of Coleman's mustard, as promised. Not cheap and not particularly impressive in the fit department, but at least they exist.

Aoshima 1/12th Honda Super Hawk IIIR motorcycle. Although the name and graphics make it sound exciting, this is in fact basically the same bike as the European market CB400N Superdream which was widely regarded as the most bland, middle of the road bike you could get in the 1980s. This lead to them being treated somewhat disrespectfully by customisers and owners, with many ending up as 'rat bikes' i.e. looking like something out of a Mad Max movie. This is what I intend to do to this one: make it the sort of thing you used to see at rallies, surrounded by beer cans and holding up one end of the owne'rs minimal bivvie.

From the kitswap (all el cheapo):

Heller 1/72nd Mirage IIIE/R/5BA - got so many Mirage ideas, it can't hurt to get another one.

Aoshima 1/72nd Bell P-63A Kingcobra - basic old-fashioned kit but how many Kingcobras do you see?

Eagle Strike 1/48th scale Starfighters 1 decal sheet - it's got a Marineflieger scheme on it and the 1/48th Starfighter crosses and anchors look about the right size for a 1/72nd Buccaneer.

Italeri 1/72nd scale MiG-37B "Ferret E" - the ficticious stealth fighter whiff-in-a-box.

Revell 1/118th scale Martin PBM-5 Mariner - can't argue with a flying boat hull for £4.

Hobbycraft 1/72nd scale Canadair CT-141 Tutor - export it to somewhere other than Malaysia.

ICM 1/24th scale American Sports Car Drivers (1910s) - wierdzo find of the day, this actually consists of a stout-hearted fellow with a splendid moustache, goggles and a white suit, instructing his dearly-beloved, a fashionable young lady in a pink dress and flowery bonnet tied on with a scarf, in the arcane art of driving a motorcar, or, in my mind, flying a Jules Verne/Albert Robida style flying machine... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

Saturday's haul from SMW2019.

1/72 Airfix Banshee [thanks Kitbasher]
1/72 Sova-M Learjet U-36 Target Tug
1/72 Blackbird Models AP-2H Neptune

A couple of decal sheets

Assortment of 1/48 TSR2 bits for a near1/50 scale 3D printed Supermarine 559 Interceptor I have in the stash.

three more storage and display items from EBMA
Keeper of George the Cat.

kitbasher

Weaver:

Hobbycraft 1/72nd scale Canadair CT-141 Tutor - Singapore instead of Strikemasters? 
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter