My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: kitbasher on November 10, 2019, 12:44:31 AM
Weaver:

Hobbycraft 1/72nd scale Canadair CT-141 Tutor - Singapore instead of Strikemasters?

Been done ---

From wiki:
CL-41G Unique version for the Royal Malayan Air Force (RMAF). A total of 20 ground-attack variants, known as the "Tebuan" in service with RMAF.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kitbasher

Quote from: kitnut617 on November 10, 2019, 07:15:06 AM
Weaver:

Hobbycraft 1/72nd scale Canadair CT-141 Tutor - Singapore instead of Strikemasters?

Been done ---

From wiki:
CL-41G Unique version for the Royal Malayan Air Force (RMAF). A total of 20 ground-attack variants, known as the "Tebuan" in service with RMAF.

Confused/thick (delete as appropriate).  Yep RMAF but Singapore isn't in Malaysia.  My suggestion was such that both had the type, with potential regional in-service support arrangements, etc, in place.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Steel Penguin

from Telford yesterday,
a Mustard stack ( 3 of said space craft) just something I couldn't resist
a 1:8 scale Briareous H from appleseed
an EVA02 from neon Genesis evangellion  (sp?)  both are "figure type kits"

a pair of 1:24 teens for car model supports
and a 1:24 sci fi race car from the kitswap ( no canopy) but will be an interesting build ( some one built it recently here 4 small front wheels 2 larger rears )
reasonably well controlled for me  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

kitnut617

Quote from: kitbasher on November 10, 2019, 07:20:48 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on November 10, 2019, 07:15:06 AM
Weaver:

Been done ---

From wiki:

Confused/thick (delete as appropriate).  Yep RMAF but Singapore isn't in Malaysia.  My suggestion was such that both had the type, with potential regional in-service support arrangements, etc, in place.

Sorry, I meant to add there's a precedent ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Hobbes

from Telford:

all 1:144:
BPK Bombardier CRJ-900
Roden Bristol Britannia
Roden VC-10
Mikro-mir MD11
Minicraft Hercules

1/72 Freightdog Green Cheese bomb for Buccanneer

What I should have bought: BAC Mustard. I went to the S&M stand quite early on the Saturday, but didn't see any except for 1 unpackaged one, so I assumed it wasn't available yet. Reading this topic, it looks like I was wrong. Oh well...

1/24:
Beemax Mitsubishi Lancer 2000 Turbo

Howard of Effingham

From Day 2 of SMW2019

Large box with a kit of some scale and manufacturer from Dork the Kit Slayer  :thumbsup:
1/48 BAe Systems Tempest 3d printed model from Joe Warner Cherrie  :thumbsup:
3 assorted C-47/Dak's from IPMS Brampton  :thumbsup:

Part 2 of the 100 years of the RAF decal sheet from Model Art and three interesting pots of old White Ensign paints.

Great turn out from the SIG and nice to catch up with you all.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Weaver

Quote from: Hobbes on November 10, 2019, 10:35:20 AM

What I should have bought: BAC Mustard. I went to the S&M stand quite early on the Saturday, but didn't see any except for 1 unpackaged one, so I assumed it wasn't available yet. Reading this topic, it looks like I was wrong. Oh well...

Ouch - sorry. The reason that there were only unpackaged ones on display is that the mouldings only arrived in the country on Wednesday and Mel hadn't had time to get the box stickers and instructions printed up. He had a stack of MUSTARDs in bubble-wrap and plastic bags and a stack of plain boxes behind the stand.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Sunday Telford haul. All from traders and all reasonably priced, some in late-Sunday sales:

Matchbox 1/700th HMS Ariadne (Abdiel-class minelayer) - Always thought these were one of the most suitable WWII ships for conversion to post-war weapons due to their large internal volume. Avro even put forward a scheme to launch one of their Blue Steel-derived missiles from one!

Amodel 1/72nd Cobalt Co50 Valkyrie - dunno but it's pretty. FAC/COIN maybe, or a James Bond 'stealth' plane?

Lindberg 1/48th Republic XF-91 Thunderceptor - 'cos when you've already got two, you can't really say no to another one, can you? USAF Thunderbirds display team? :wacko:

Valom 1/72nd F-101A Voodoo - ditto. Also, this one comes with a nuclear bomb, which makes it obviously cooler than the other two, which are only armed with cameras.

Round 2/MPC cartoon-scale Stroker McGurk's Ghost of America. - Part Allison-engined hot-rod, part Red Baron's Fokker Triplane, wholly silly and all of a fiver  :thumbsup:. As Mike McEvoy pointed out, it needs the pilot replacing with a Snoopy figure... ;D

Also: masking tape.

Also and as well: Pack of 5 L'Arsenal 1/72nd MG-151 20mm cannons - possibly to arm a Noratlas gunship for use in Algeria. :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

I hadn't really intended to get anything else at Telford today, so much for THAT idea!

I got some small packets of Freightdog thingies, a Lightning conversion for the early 'small tank' marks, a Javelin nose and tail for the Airfix FAW9, and a Trans-Atlantic Air Race Harrier add-on kit.

Some Deluxe Perfect Plastic Putty, that I've not tried before and some of their Glue 'n Glaze stuff too.

After searching high and low, I found a Mikro Mir 1/144 Beverley kit, and its awe inspiring etched brass add-on kit by Shelf Oddity, for which I have plans.....  ;)

One of Joe's 3D printed Tempest 'moudings'.

A copy of 'The Admiralty and the Helicopter' after spending lots of time looking at models of many of the subjects on the Project Cancelled stand, and very good it is too.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

My Telford haul, which I may add to once I've unpacked - I've only been back for ten minutes.

Friday: The Wooksta has Landed!
High Planes Beaufort mk I

Very restrained for a Friday, but Collectakit were shut by the time I'd got there.

Saturday: Into the Kitswap
Eduard Spitfire mk VIII "Aussie 8" combo
Eduard Spitfire mk IXe
Czechmaster Spitfire Tr.9
Hasegawa Spitfire mk VIII
Freightdog Hawker P.1154 (this got passed to Joe on sunday as he'd expressed an interest in it and I knew it'd likely never get built by me anyway...)
Various 3D Spitfire accessory packs
Aeroclub Spitfire mk 18 fuselage conversion
Frog DH Hornet F.3 (original boxing with the sticker from the shop it was bought from - John W. Bagnall, who must be some very distant relative.  Course I *had* to have it!

Saturday: Wooksta on the Prowl
AZ Spitfire Tr.9
Admiral Spitfire F.24 (for the decals as I've stripped all of the ones I currently have for the serials)
Airfix Spitfire PR19 (bagged with BBMF decals)
Xtradecal Battle of Britain national markings, which for some odd reason included a Spitfire etch set by Eduard...)
Hasegawa Spitfire mk IXc

Kitbits Seafire FR47 - frankly, it is vile, but the fuselage is just about useable.  Some of the parts are copies of Airkit bits and the contraprop is very welcome.

AZ Spitfire mk IXc UTI
AZ Spitfire mk IXe low back

Freightdog Supermarine 327 Shrew
Freightdog Spitfire F24 conversion x 2
Combat Kits Nene Lancastrian (this is being passed on to a mate, but I'm very tempted with it anyway)
Eduard Spitfire HFVIII (from the Eduard stand)

A second trawl of the kitswap yielded an Eduard Spitfire HFVIII weekend edition and a Hobbycraft Beech C45.

Last purchases of the day were a pair of Valom Firebrands - 1 each of the TF.4 and TF5.

Dave (Kitbasher) handed over a Hasegawa Spitfire VIII, Pegasus Spiteful (second tooling) and a Novo Attacker.  The latter two having extra bits - an Aeroclub 5 blade Spitfire Griffon prop and the latter a resin belly tank and canopy plug, both resin parts being cast by me!

Sunday: Wooksta has given up
I'd made a conscious decision that I *REALLY* didn't want to spend any more money, so tried very hard to restrain myself.  However, I did have some small lapses.

2 pots of Humbrol acrylic paint for my Dukla Prague Away Kit (aka the toolbox)

The final scan of the kitswap yielded a Fujimi 48th Bell 206 Kiowa. This boxing has a Bell 222B in Airwolf colours and a Jetranger in the colours for Santini Air but sans the stars and words.  I'd wanted this for the box alone and as I don't do 48th or helicopters, it is therefore designated as this year's joker.  If and when it gets built, I'll likely do it in overall white as Archangel's transport although I'm not sure if he was toveyed about in a Jetranger or a Longranger.

Final buy of the weekend.  Looking for a cheap Frog/spawn Beaufort, I decided to have a final scan of Collectakit - from whom I'd yet to find ANYTHING to buy -  and this yielded an absolute rarity.  You see, I spotted a small box tucked away with the magic word "Skybirds" on it.  Pulls it out, thinking "I've found another sodding DH Hornet" and then I see the artwork.  It isn't a Hornet.  No, it's a Percival Prentice!  I've only seen one of these kits in the plastic in the past 30 years and I'd bought it at Donnington in '96 for less than a tenner and then sold it on to someone who was desperate to get one a few weeks later.  They go for stupid money on ebay - the last one I saw went for over a hundred notes.  No decals or instructions but I can probably live with that, unless I decide to sell it on.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Wierdest thing I saw for sale: a resin model of Albert Steptoe sitting in his bathtub! Since I've been plagued with cries of "AAAAHROWLLLLD!" all my life I was strangely drawn to it, until I saw the price: £50! (2nd hand in the kitswap) :o

In the "did I do the right thing or not?" category: two Valom DH.91 Albatross kits for £20 each (half RRP). I passed on them but... hmmmmm..... :-\

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

No, you should have bought one of the Petrels on a stick as it's a lovely kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Steptoe & Son; now there's something that brings back memories! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

Quote from: Flyer on November 10, 2019, 11:57:47 PM
SWMBO came home from op-shopping today and handed me a Academy 1/48 F-111E that she found for $7AU! :o All the sprues are still in their bags and all parts are accounted for.  :thumbsup:

Smokescreen. You have been warned.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

McColm

Won on eBay ;
1/24 Revell Mini One
1/48 2x spares or repair F-16s
1/48 F-16 glazed canopy
00 Dapol Battle of Britain loco
00 Dapol Parrie tank loco
1/72 C-160D
1/24 Lotus Elise kit