My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaos

Old Wombat

An interesting & eclectic collection of additions there, Mr Chaos! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Wow, and SRN4!  :thumbsup:

They're pretty thin on the ground these days, especially in BERLIN of all places!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

I wasn't too crazy at Telford this year. I sold nearly enough in the kit swap to pay for my purchases so my actual expenditure was only £25  :rolleyes:

Biggest one for me was the 1/35 PL-01 Polish concept light tank, very stealth looking.

1/72
Pair of Academy F-18 Hornets. £5 each!

1/144
Dragon F14 Tomcat
LS Models F14 Tomcat
LS Mitsubishi F-1
Crown F111

1/250?
Thunderbird 2 (classic version)

1/450
Pair of Bandai Thunderbird 2 (movie version)

And some cans of spray paint.

Best part was meeting up with every body else for a great time!

The Wooksta!

I forgot to add the bagful of Lancaster bits given to me by OGL - I think there's enough for at least a complete airframe.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

strobez

Quote from: Nils on November 06, 2019, 10:56:18 AM
Quote from: Nils on November 01, 2019, 03:27:00 AM
just place a small online order at my favorite hobbyshop (and no, its not AliExpress).

-Revell 1/72 F-104G Starfighter BAF/KLu
-Eduard 1/72 MiG-21MF (CZ Weekend Edition)
-Italeri 1/72 F-35A Lightning II

arrived today  :thumbsup:

Tell me if that Eduard MiG is worth the price tag.  I've been eyeing the newly reboxed Zvezda MiG-21 PFM and trying to decide which one I should sink some cash into... and I'm scared of the answer I'm going to come up with if left to my own devices. :)
Thanks!

Greg

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: strobez on November 11, 2019, 03:41:30 PM
Quote from: Nils on November 01, 2019, 03:27:00 AM
<...> -Eduard 1/72 MiG-21MF (CZ Weekend Edition) <...>

Tell me if that Eduard MiG is worth the price tag.  I've been eyeing the newly reboxed Zvezda MiG-21 PFM and trying to decide which one I should sink some cash into... and I'm scared of the answer I'm going to come up with if left to my own devices. :)

It definitely is!  :thumbsup: Lovely kit. Basically falls together. Currently building four of them (real world, though). Great detail and lots of splodey bits for the spares box.

If it has to be a PFM now, the Zvezda MiG-21PFM isn't too bad (best PFM there is at the moment, actually). If it has to be a PFM and you can wait a while, Eduard is set to release a PF/PFM early next year.
If any large nose-cone Fished is fine, go with Eduard.  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Dizzyfugu

An Amodel 1:144 Caravelle kit.

zenrat

Quote from: Steel Penguin on November 10, 2019, 09:14:10 AM
from Telford yesterday...a 1:24 sci fi race car from the kitswap ( no canopy) but will be an interesting build ( some one built it recently here 4 small front wheels 2 larger rears )
reasonably well controlled for me  :thumbsup:

One of Aoshima's Future GPX Cyber Formula cars?

Last night a friend gave me this.
20191112_180332 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Special theme at the 2020 Ballarat NNL is "French".  I haven't decided how I will molest it yet.

And today from Evil-Bay.
Something i've wanted a 1/72 example of for a while.  I blame Kit's influence.
20191112_174943 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
And this because there are always too many Spitfires. ;D  The name Sabrecane has since popped into my head for some reason. ;)
20191112_174959 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

Quote from: zenrat on November 12, 2019, 01:48:34 AM

Last night a friend gave me this.
20191112_180332 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Special theme at the 2020 Ballarat NNL is "French".  I haven't decided how I will molest it yet.

A rival to the Renault 40 CV NM speed record vehicle, perhaps? Renault took their top-of-the-line 40CV luxury saloon and converted one to this:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Forgot to add yesterday that I received from eBay

1 x 1/72 Modeldecal set 75 which I could not find in my stash but looks very familure so I may have another set in a kit box somewhere

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Snowtrooper

Quote from: The Chaos on November 11, 2019, 05:41:44 AMnew at my stash.
Nice to see those mecha in there. When I built the Glaug Pod and Tomahawk, I painted them as Grayson Carlyle's Marauder and Natasha Kerensky's Warhammer ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on November 12, 2019, 01:48:34 AM

Something i've wanted a 1/72 example of for a while.  I blame Kit's influence.

YEAH!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've got one of them, but by Aosima, apparently the only decent kit they ever made.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Returned home from Telford with the following additions to the stash and bits and bobs shelves.

Kits - all 1/72

Akkura PZL 50 Jastrzab. Complete surprise this one. A double boxing from Geoff (Thorvic) via Martin. Thanks gents  :thumbsup: This is a re-boxing of the Polair kit I have in the stash, which is undoubtedly the worst moulded kit I have ever seen. This tooling has been completely cleaned up and looks thoroughly buildable. Thanks Geoff  :thumbsup:

Eduard Spitfire Mk VIII
AZ Me 109K-14, my second one
AZ Vought Kingfisher. New tool and looks good. I had a nice long chat with Mr AZ  :thumbsup:
Sword Ki-102b with I-Go Otsu guided missile
Valom Firebrand TF Mk 5. I'm told this was well priced but I'd had a couple of glasses of red by then so I'll trust those who told me  :angel: ;D

For the bits and bobs shelves.

A nice selection of brushes from Abcbrushes.
Steve found me some Humbrol Acrylic thinners. This has been like rocking horse dung to get, so thanks Steve  :thumbsup:
Some Albion Alloys slide fit tubing.
Some Yahu etched instrument panels.
A nice selection of sanding implements at a good price. Thanks for pointing the way Lee  :thumbsup:
Some Deluxe Materials epoxy putty. It's packaged in a way that means the two parts are "self measuring" so theoretically there won't be as much wastage. We shall see.
Some odd tubs of Xtracrylic. New style packaging ?
Some Humbrol Clearfix and varnish

And last but by no means least, I was on the lookout for some Hataka Blue Line paints but couldn't find any. However they were actually there I'd just assumed they'd be in the "European" section but they were tucked away elsewhere in plain view. So many thanks to Martin who spotted them. The bonus was they had everything I wanted and we had a nice chat about some possible other things.

Early Luftwaffe set
RAF Photo Recce set
Legion Condor set
USN Late War set
Luftwaffe Late War set
USAAF set

Great to meet up with everybody and catch up. Apologies that I hadn't travelled that well, believe me I had an even worse trip home (nothing to do with Virgin this year) and am going to have to seriously consider breaking both the trip up and the return trip next year  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.