My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

Zenrat   yup one of them things  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

chrisonord

Whilst doing  my shopping in Aldi,   I  saw that rhey had a load of different  airfix  starter kits  for £4.99, nothing  really  stood out to me, but a Gnat  T.1 yellow jacks got  shobed in the trolley.  It will work for the same department as the Armstrong whitworth  Meteor,  probably in a  similar colour scheme too.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 12, 2019, 05:50:30 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 12, 2019, 01:48:34 AM

Something i've wanted a 1/72 example of for a while.  I blame Kit's influence.

YEAH!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've got one of them, but by Aosima, apparently the only decent kit they ever made.

The Aoshima kits post 1990 are pretty decent and up there with yer Hasegawa and Fujimi.  Their Ta 152 is easily the best kit in the scale.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 12, 2019, 03:44:09 PM

The Aoshima kits post 1990 are pretty decent and up there with yer Hasegawa and Fujimi.  Their Ta 152 is easily the best kit in the scale.

That's pleasing, I made the right choice for once.  ;D

I ought to get on and build it, just like the zillions of other boxes in The Loft!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received in the post today

1 x 1/72 Mav Decals SAAF Shackleton (late version) decals which are not going to be used exactly as intended.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

Well, picked these up from the post office yesterday morning;

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 08, 2019, 05:34:49 AM
2 x Eduard (Brassin) 1/48 AIM-9X Sidewinder Short-range air-to-air Missile Set (ED 648435)
1 x Bravo Six 1/35 Tank Crews Lazy Afternoon (2 figures) (B6-35312)
1 x Bravo Six 1/35 "Life is Good" - US Soldier, Dog & Piss Tube (B6-35316)
1 x Bravo Six 1/35 Grunt Vol.4 Willie "TEX" (B6-35313)
1 x Tiger Models 1/35 French VBL Milan Anti-tank Missile Carrier (TIG-4618)

It's a race to see which arrives first, the AIM-9B's from the USA, which have taken a side-trip to Canada, or the AIM-9X's from BNA ;)

Which means they beat the AIM-9B's from Jeff, which were picked up this morning, but GOOD GRIEF! :o the number of other items which arrived in the box is phenomenal!

So far above & beyond I have no idea what to say! I received enough weaponry to arm a squadron of 1/48 aircraft & a goodly number of 1950's/1960's pilots.

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

And the Stash just grew again;

1 x Trumpeter 1/48 Messerschmitt Me.509

From a private seller. I wanted a 1/72 Hunting Percival Pembroke (pictured below) he had advertised on Facebook's "Marketplace"

but unfortunately the guy sold the kit almost 2 months ago (but every time he tries to close it off as sold it it keeps popping back up on the "Marketplace" site) and, as the deal was being brokered through my wife, who has Facebook whereas I don't, she was talking about the "kit at $XX" which he took to be the Me.509 which was currently up for sale at $XX.

Anyway, to salve my disappointment at not being able to get the Pembroke I bought the Me.509 - Now, what do I do with it? :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Stopped at Dean's in Owosso, MI during a recent road trip. It has moved, but just around the corner to Exchange St. I only spent 55 USD in the treasure trove....pretty much got away unscathed lol.

2 bottle of micro scale decal solution. One was the old school Sol, and the other claims to restore old decals. Figured I'd give it a whirl.

Kit wise :

72nd scale F-20. Love that sexy machine
48th scale Lindbergh XF-88. My bro is such a huge CF-1010 Voodoo fan I figure I'd mess with him and tell him I bought him a Voodoo.
48th scale F-105G. I've always had a plan for a twin-tailed, twin engine Navy variant, but the two I had bought for it were single seaters, amd a proper F-14 type bird should be a two-holer. Eh ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 16, 2019, 08:33:40 AM

A pity you didn't get that, it's a lovely kit.

I built mine as a Sea Prince actually, as it was the largest aeroplane I ever flew, and the only twin ever. I did have an FAA Lieutenant in the left hand seat though.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

While on a nostalgia trip to Norwich I dropped by Langley's Model Shop in the Royal Arcade there, as you do, and a new Airfix Buccaneer kit hurled itself off the shelf and under my arm, so what could I do but buy it?  ;) ;D

But why is the box just about TWICE as big as the last 1/72 scale Bucc kit that Airfix turned out?

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 17, 2019, 05:36:27 AM

But why is the box just about TWICE as big as the last 1/72 scale Bucc kit that Airfix turned out?

Standard box size Kit, cheaper that way.

The number of times I've been to Norwich and never knew there was a model shop there  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 17, 2019, 05:36:27 AM
While on a nostalgia trip to Norwich I dropped by Langley's Model Shop in the Royal Arcade there, as you do, and a new Airfix Buccaneer kit hurled itself off the shelf and under my arm, so what could I do but buy it?  ;) ;D

Langleys? That's the tiny toyshop with narrow aisles and a model section at the rear?
I haven't been in there or Norwich proper for 16 years!

I meant to get a new Bucc at Telford but it eluded me.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on November 17, 2019, 06:09:12 AM

I meant to get a new Bucc at Telford but it eluded me.

I'm not sure how, there were 100's of them  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on November 17, 2019, 06:09:12 AM

Langleys? That's the tiny toyshop with narrow aisles and a model section at the rear?
I haven't been in there or Norwich proper for 16 years!

Not any more, the original lower floor is now all toys and they've opened up an upper floor which is wall to wall models. A HUGE variety of kits too, in all scales and types.  :thumbsup:

But it's still in the same place, on the west side of the Royal Arcade at the north end, well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

I received from Unicraft 4 new kits: <_<
IAI Heron twin-boomer
Junkers EF-50 twin-fuselage
Boeing 306C double-twin-boom (I will open it at Xmas only, this is a gift from my brother, it is back in the parcel)
Blackburn Shark twin-float by Novo (the P-38 twin-boom was out of stock and I accepted this replacement, the floats will become booms)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]