My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

I might just look further into the special high-altitude Prince of Darkness surveillance version mentioned earlier.  I can feel a back-story that is a mix of fact, ~maybe~, and outright Whiffery coming on.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Hobbes

Nick

Quote from: Rheged on November 21, 2019, 11:14:03 AM
I might just look further into the special high-altitude Prince of Darkness surveillance version mentioned earlier.  I can feel a back-story that is a mix of fact, ~maybe~, and outright Whiffery coming on.
Quote from: Hobbes on November 21, 2019, 12:24:23 PM
Electronics by Lucas?

It either wouldn't even start up or would create its own interdimensional rift and vanish!

JayBee

Maybe it was just the "Prince of Insufficient Light"  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on November 21, 2019, 11:14:03 AM

The RAF used their PR versions of the Pembroke to view Soviet bases in E Germany while flying the Corridor into Berlin Gatow. A high altitude version could peer over the Intra-German border even further. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

;D ;D ;D ;D

With the super-secret* Lucas Aerospace surveillance system that only worked part of the time,
thus the sobriquet Prince of Darkness.
:wacko: :wacko:

*It was so craptastic that no one would admit to the spending the £ on its development
and purchase. As a result all references were either made Top Secret, redacted or
destroyed. Because of this the PoD is an unknown chapter in British aviation history.
Until now. :wacko:

rickshaw

Lucas electronics?  Wouldn't start on anything except a mild morning.  Too hot?  No go.  Too cold?  No go.  Just right?  Maybe go.  Nicknamed the "Goldilocks system" by it's crews.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Quote from: rickshaw on November 21, 2019, 04:51:34 PM
Lucas electronics?...

Joe or George?

Popped into the LHS today and left, not with what I went in for but with these.
20191122_141111 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
20191122_141120 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Both very old moulds but both appropriately priced (especially when compared to what Hasegawa charge for stuff of a similar age).
They will get WW2 PDRV markings (fighting the Japanese).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

The Lucas electrics also proved useful on the aerobatic display variant used by the Red Donkeys display team, since it eliminated the need for a separate smoke generating system. ;)

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 21, 2019, 04:26:29 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D

With the super-secret* Lucas Aerospace surveillance system that only worked part of the time,

*It was so craptastic that no one would admit to the spending the £ on its development
and purchase. As a result all references were either made Top Secret, redacted or
destroyed. Because of this the PoD is an unknown chapter in British aviation history.

Hence it's alternative nickname, the Gobroke.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

Picked up another eBay win

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby Vautour IIN @Alamee de l@Air All Weather Fighter

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on November 22, 2019, 04:00:12 AM
The Lucas electrics also proved useful on the aerobatic display variant used by the Red Donkeys display team, since it eliminated the need for a separate smoke generating system. ;)

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 21, 2019, 04:26:29 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D

Hence it's alternative nickname, the Gobroke.

;D ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup:

chrisonord

Tonight's  hunter gathering  for food took place  on Lidl  instead of  Aldi, and they too have  a load of different  airfix  gift  sets. Needless to  say at £4.99 each, a Hunting  Percival  jet provost  T4 went  in the basket. This will het some  hard points  and a weapons  load ,  and work  for the weapons test and evaluation department,  along  with  meteor NF-14 and vampire  T.11.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on November 22, 2019, 07:44:27 AM

Gondor

Always had a soft spot for the Vautour and must get around to building the couple I have one day. Including the resin one that Geoff found for me long before the SH ones came out  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 23, 2019, 02:08:03 AM

Always had a soft spot for the Vautour and must get around to building the couple I have one day. Including the resin one that Geoff found for me long before the SH ones came out  ;)

Indeed, a smart looking aeroplane.  :thumbsup:

I was Whiffing a Special Hobby Vautour kit recently, but totally mis-read the instructions, AND the pics I had of the real thing, and laboriously filled in and puttied the main landing gear bays on the outer side of the engines!  :banghead:

It's difficult to UN-do that.................

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: Gondor on November 22, 2019, 07:44:27 AM

Gondor

This one may be Swedish as a test aircraft as per a suggestion from my girl friend

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....