My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

The Round2/MPC *Brand New Tool* 1/72 Space:1999 Eagle arrived
(only 4 days after I'd paid my money at Monsters in Motion - from California to NZ that's pretty good, but I digress)

The kit is awesome, and as it replicates everything -and more- that I was planning to inflict on the old kit (and myself), I wasn't too unhappy with the price.

189 parts (IIRC), proper 1/72, correctly 'handed' landing pods, open side cages with internal details, multi-part engine nozzles, 'landed' or 'in flight' landing legs, all sorts of other bits but those are the ones I can remember.

Knocks the old kit into a cocked hat, as they used to say (though at least *something* was available at the time).

If you have any interest at all in the ship, have a look.

Can you tell I'm just a bit enthusiastic? ;D :rolleyes:

The Wooksta!

Acquired another Hasegawa Spitfire mk VIII.  Think I have enough of these now.  Well, for now anyway...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

A surprise find yesterday whilst out shopping in Coventry Market was a unopened 1979 boxing of the 1/32 Airfix Dennis 1914 Fire Engine for just £12.

The decals are shot but if you know your 'Railway Stories' this is being wiffed inasmuch as it will be assigned to the Isle of Sodor Fire Brigade.
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on November 30, 2019, 07:45:37 PM

A surprise find yesterday whilst out shopping in Coventry Market was a unopened 1979 boxing of the 1/32 Airfix Dennis 1914 Fire Engine for just £12.

The decals are shot but if you know your 'Railway Stories' this is being wiffed inasmuch as it will be assigned to the Isle of Sodor Fire Brigade.

Hehehehe, will it have a face then?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 01, 2019, 12:48:34 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on November 30, 2019, 07:45:37 PM

Hehehehe, will it have a face then?  ;D

Too right!  :wacko:

Howard of Effingham

Today's haul from the 'Coldest Model Show on Earth'....

1/72 Airfix Rockwell B-1B Lancer
1/72 Hasegawa B-17G
1/35 Mercedes type four door family car and some African figures with mercenaries same scale
1/32 Airfix Triumph Herald [for a wiff I am planning]
1/72 Hasegawa F-111C [for bashing into a 2nd RAF F-111K]

And assortment of aftermarket bits for various types and some weathering items. Also trying out some Mr Color Purple Liquid Cement.

Me and Richard B had a good day extolling the virtues of wiffery.

DogfighterZen

Can't really call it a haul... bought from the same Spanish vendor who was present at Modelcult, also present at Beja this weekend, 20€ spent on this...

A pair of Ammo by Mig detail paint brushes of 5/0 and 3/0 sizes, a Tamiya 6mm masking tape refill and the 1/72 Academy AH-64A Apache. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on December 01, 2019, 08:54:37 AM
Today's haul from the 'Coldest Model Show on Earth'....

1/72 Hasegawa F-111C [for bashing into a 2nd RAF F-111K]

Your better off using the F-111-A version to make a K as the K was to use the shorter wings according to both the documentation I have seen and pictures of the aircraft taken while they were being built.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

But at least you can cut  a C down to size to make a K.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Ebay says I've won that big box of Spitfires and spares I was bidding on.  Get up sausage!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 01, 2019, 03:01:12 PM

The intakes would still be wrong though for the aircraft ordered, however with this being whiff world I suppose a second batch of aircraft could have been ordered with a later version of intake......

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 01, 2019, 03:01:12 PM

This is wiffery chaps! It only has to look right.

My Meteor U22 went down well at Coventry and work on the PR17 variant proceeds.

A second RAF F-111K is likely to get 12 Squadron markings, the first one was in Op Granby Desert Pink and got the CNN markings a  :tornado: carried.

Weaver

From Ebay, six 1/12th scale turned aluminium beer cans, complete with labels.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

This micro-brewery fad is getting way out of hand.....

:wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?