My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 01, 2019, 01:17:07 PM
... and the 1/72 Academy AH-64A Apache. :thumbsup:

Which one? There are two Academy AH-64 molds, IIRC - this one looks like the old, more simple one?

Spey_Phantom

arrived today by post

-2 x Trumpeter 1/144 YF-23
-1 x Trumpeter 1/144 YF-22

still following are 2 1/144 Mini Hobby Models P-38 Lightnings.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 03, 2019, 05:42:15 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 01, 2019, 01:17:07 PM
... and the 1/72 Academy AH-64A Apache. :thumbsup:

Which one? There are two Academy AH-64 molds, IIRC - this one looks like the old, more simple one?

Yes, it's the earlier kit of the A variant, Thomas. The more recent kits are of the early and late D variants with the extended forward avionics bay and the late D kit has the upturned exhausts. Also very tempted to buy the late D kit cause this one was bought for parts donation for at least 2 different whif chopper projects...  :wacko:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

First new kit in months. Winter time is rough on the finances! 

Everyone was distraced by Black Friday so I got this just barely above opening price at $35 and free shipping. It looks ratty as hell but I don't care. It'll be built.

-Sprues McDuck-

chrisonord

Nice  find Brad, I  want  another one of these, so I can give it the full SUFA treatment  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

TheChronicOne

Cheers!

I love your plans... I hope to see it some day soon.  :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

Are those kits going for that much now --- I've got two of them in the stash
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TheChronicOne

They're going for $100+ but I'd never spend that much. People buy 'em all the time for that amount though. Been this way for years now. Well, at least 3 or more.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

philp

Huh, sold one of mine last month for $25 + shipping.

Still have one without the box but I plan on doing the full corrections on the kit and making it the two-seater with striped scheme.

Now if someone wants to actually give me a hundred for it I might have to rethink that but I always try to sell to builders.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

TheChronicOne

If you can deal with the hassle of boxing and shipping and going to the post office then it's a good way to make some cash! I thought about flipping mine a few times but I have plans for them all and the work involved doesn't seem appealing.  :angel:  The people paying these prices are impatient but some folks have to have everything right now! ! !  :rolleyes: ;D  I always bide my time and wait... ever so often I catch a deal because I don't mind waiting.
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 05, 2019, 06:01:01 PM
some folks have to have everything right now! ! !  :rolleyes: ;D 

If it's going to be built right now!!, then fine - but if not, it might as well wait in someone else's stash until I want it.
And even then, it still probably won't get built right now!!, anyway...

Rick Lowe

From the Secret Santa at work, the Haynes London Underground Jigsaw & Magazine:

https://picclick.co.uk/Demand-Media-Haynes-London-Underground-Jigsaw-1000-Pieces-273606255247.html

Kinda cool - now I just have to find somewhere stable to assemble it, where the cat won't have a detrimental effect...  ;)

zenrat

Coincidentally (there are no etc) I just took delivery of two copies of The Melbourne Map jigsaw puzzle.  One for Mrs z and I and one for shipping to the UK as a xmas gift.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Dizzyfugu

After long hunting, an ESCI 1:72 M60 kit. Hopefully to be converted into a real world M60A2 with a resin turret and early aluminum alloy wheels.