My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 05, 2019, 11:43:28 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 05, 2019, 06:01:01 PM
some folks have to have everything right now! ! !  :rolleyes: ;D 

If it's going to be built right now!!, then fine - but if not, it might as well wait in someone else's stash until I want it.
And even then, it still probably won't get built right now!!, anyway...

;D  That's been my experience as well! I don't often buy something with the intention of using it right away (in the model building world) but the few times I have....... well... half of those times the stuff wound up shoved into the stash.

"Sometimes having a thing isn't so pleasing as wanting a thing..."
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 06, 2019, 08:35:00 AM
"Sometimes having a thing isn't so pleasing as wanting a thing..."

Very true.
Thank you, Mr Spock!

Or was it Calvin & Hobbes?

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 05, 2019, 11:52:31 AM
First new kit in months. Winter time is rough on the finances! 

Everyone was distraced by Black Friday so I got this just barely above opening price at $35 and free shipping. It looks ratty as hell but I don't care. It'll be built.

A brand new 1/72 tooling is desperately required especially as we now have excellent kits of the single and two seat XLs in 1/48 from Shunkworks in the last year or so.
Keeper of George the Cat.

TheChronicOne

Yes! Let's get these prices down and let everyone have some fun. They're in 1/144 quite a bit, too. It could just be a matter of time one would hope since the other scales are doing well? We need a "western" Amodel or Zvesda or something to give us cool wares.
-Sprues McDuck-

Howard of Effingham

From an unplanned sortie yesterday afternoon to Parabellum in Birmingham....

1/144 Zvzeda Boeing 737-800 [mild whiff into my 2nd RAF Poseidon MRA1]
1/72 LF Models WS Dragonfly HR3 [excellent looking kit if you can find it]
1/72 Arma Models PZL P.11C [Also for whiffing but when I saw this kit I thought has Narses2 bought one of these]
1/72 AZ Model Junkers EF-128E/N-1 [Total wiff of a kit but I have plans]

McColm

1/24 Revell Mini Convertible
1/72 Airfix BAe Nimrod MR.1/MR.2
1/72 Formaplane vacform HS Nimrod MR.1

TheChronicOne

Right on, man. I totally want a 1/72 Nimrod myself.  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:  One of these days!  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on December 07, 2019, 07:30:41 PM

1/72 Arma Models PZL P.11C [Also for whiffing but when I saw this kit I thought has Narses2 bought one of these]

Jeepers, imagine what you would have come home with if you'd planned it properly...
;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

nighthunter

Won yesterday:

Advent 1/72 Brewster Buffalo

Bidding on:

Airfix 1/72 Supermarine Swift FR.5
Max Decals 1/72 1956-1996
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

McColm

I've somehow managed to find a 1/72 Contrail Vickers Valiant B.2 Pathfinder on eBay , has anyone built this kit? :banghead:

Nick

At todays London show I bought one kit. Just the one but there were two models in the box.

Dragon 1/144 x2 Stealth Helicopter. This is the semi fictional stealthed up H-60 as supposedly used on the Bin Laden raid.
http://www.finescale.com/product-info/kit-reviews/2012/01/dragon-1144-scale-stealth-helicopter-operation-geronimo

I also bought dinner. As I could not decide between a proper English roast dinner or a burrito, I had both in one! A Yorkshire Roast Burrito which is basically roast beef, roast potatoes, stuffing and gravy wrapped inside a giant Yorkshire Pudding.  ;D
Not bad but not really worth having again.  :-\

DogfighterZen

Well,after finishing my only 2 builds of 2019, it was time for spending money...  :wacko:
On order from various sources are the following kits to satisfy my chopper cravings:
1x Revell(Matchbox) 1/72 SA 365 Dauphin
1x Revell 1/72 EC 135 Eurocopter
1x Italeri AH-1W SuperCobra
1x AMT UH-1D Huey gunship

And after getting lucky with the numbers again, i won a Tamiya 1/48 FW-190 D-9 on the free prize draw last friday night on ISM's live show... :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: zenrat on December 08, 2019, 03:02:06 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on December 07, 2019, 07:30:41 PM

Jeepers, imagine what you would have come home with if you'd planned it properly...
;)

I know. Going back there again for a further raid over Xmas as the 1/35 and 1/48 scale kits are especially good there. Also its a great place to run into modelling friends too!

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: McColm on December 08, 2019, 12:18:26 PM
I've somehow managed to find a 1/72 Contrail Vickers Valiant B.2 Pathfinder on eBay , has anyone built this kit? :banghead:

The best place to look for building this one is probably the original review article which was in SAM istr.