My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on December 13, 2019, 04:03:40 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on December 13, 2019, 02:08:03 AM

Quote from: Gondor on December 12, 2019, 01:20:38 PM
Received an eBay win this evening

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby SMB-2 Super Mystere 'Sa'ar  which will probably be real woorld but the spare parts
Gondor
What  spare parts do you get with it  please  Alastair?
Chris

Sorry, I should have said un-used parts. These parts are for the orijonal version with the Snecma Atar rather than this boxing with the Pratt & Whitney J52 upgrade which was also used by Honduras.

Gondor
Thankyou  Alastair, I may hunt one out in the new year.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

nighthunter

On the way from Philp:

1/72:
PZL P-11c
Fokker D.XXI
Avia S-199
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

AeroplaneDriver

It's been a year largely devoid of modeling for me...other interests and whatnot competing for time.  But I'm feeling the bug again so I did a little eBaying and picked up Airfix's new 1/48 Spitfire FR MkXIV.  Must say it looks lovely in the box! 

Also SWMBO was fishing for Chrimbus prezzie ideas so I mentioned the new Tamiya P-38.  So maybe Santa will bring a nice treat too. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Quote from: nighthunter on December 13, 2019, 03:33:30 PM
On the way from Philp:

1/72:
PZL P-11c
Fokker D.XXI
Avia S-199

I like your choices  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 14, 2019, 02:12:13 AM
On the way from Philp:

1/72:
PZL P-11c
Fokker D.XXI
Avia S-199

They were affordable and they're 3 of my favorite non-US manufactured aircraft. The "Messer" because of its use by Israel, mainly
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2

Quote from: nighthunter on December 14, 2019, 10:53:13 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 14, 2019, 02:12:13 AM
On the way from Philp:

1/72:
PZL P-11c
Fokker D.XXI
Avia S-199

They were affordable and they're 3 of my favorite non-US manufactured aircraft. The "Messer" because of its use by Israel, mainly

Of the 3 my favourite is the Fokker. There's a couple of nice kits of it around at the moment - the SH one is nice and builds really well - I've been tempted to see about one with retractable undercarriage, but that's another projected jotted down on the ever growing "future projects" booklet  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Won on eBay:
A box of 'spares or repairs ' in 1/72 scale which includes an  Airfix Rotodyne & Vickers Wellington both with landing gear up, broken propellers. Fairley Delta no cockpit glazing and a Gloster Meteor which has seen better days.
1/72 Lockheed  Neptune
1/48 built F-16 Tiger Meet decals started to peel off.

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 15, 2019, 12:53:44 AM
Of the 3 my favourite is the Fokker. There's a couple of nice kits of it around at the moment - the SH one is nice and builds really well - I've been tempted to see about one with retractable undercarriage, but that's another projected jotted down on the ever growing "future projects" booklet  ;)

You'll have the opportunity to see one fly starting in 2020:
http://warbirdsnews.com/warbird-restorations/fokker-d-xxi-fighter-replica-to-fly-in-2020.html

https://www.aironline.nl/weblog/2019/05/30/officiele-roll-out-van-de-ph-xxi-fokker-d-21-replica-op-hoogeveen/

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wub:

TheChronicOne

No way!!!! How cool is that!!   I like 'em, too.  And the 23.   :wub:

Per the kit itself, be advised... I found out too late on mine (although, me noticing it is what lead me around to learning about it) that the gear struts are too long and they'll have your model looking like it's on stilts! I went reading and sure enough, it was an error in the kit, my eyes weren't deceiving me.  I still haven't corrected mine... it looks pretty goofy sitting the way it does. (PM/Pioneer kit that is..., if it's some other then nevermind  ;D )
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Stopped into Dean's on my way to Mount Pleasant, MI yesterday. Grabbed myself a Hasegawa T-1A and an Airfix Sabre dog. Looks like I'm building my Naval Sabre  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Snowtrooper

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 16, 2019, 11:36:44 AM
http://warbirdsnews.com/warbird-restorations/fokker-d-xxi-fighter-replica-to-fly-in-2020.html
That's also a good opportunity to melt a few JMN's brains: build a kit but swap the engine to the Cyclone, and when the JMN start their usual tirade, reveal that the kit represents the replica and is therefore not a whiff. :wacko:

Also, what version of the Cyclone are they going to use? Because some versions of the Cyclone yield up to 1500 hp under WEP, that's about twice the horspeower (830 hp for Mercury and 825 hp for Twin Wasp) of the original installation... :o Even many of the more "modest" versions are in the 1000-1200 hp range, which would be a major improvement. Now, if that engine swap had been made in the original timeframe, hmm...

EDIT: Harebrained idea: during WW2 (around 1943), Finland purchases a stash of Cyclones from Germany, taken from shot-down B-17's, and re-equips some of their Fokkers with those to keep them competitive into 1944.

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 16, 2019, 11:36:44 AM

Oh yes, thanks Jon  :thumbsup:

Interesting to see the 3 colour upper scheme on some of the fuselage.

Mossie

It'll look very like a P-36, especially if you put a beefier powerplant on it. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 08, 2019, 04:28:48 PM
Well,after finishing my only 2 builds of 2019, it was time for spending money...  :wacko:
On order from various sources are the following kits to satisfy my chopper cravings:
1x Revell(Matchbox) 1/72 SA 365 Dauphin
1x Revell 1/72 EC 135 Eurocopter
1x Italeri AH-1W SuperCobra
1x AMT UH-1D Huey gunship

And after getting lucky with the numbers again, i won a Tamiya 1/48 FW-190 D-9 on the free prize draw last friday night on ISM's live show... :mellow:

Ok, 3 down, 2 to go... :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

jcf

Quote from: Snowtrooper on December 17, 2019, 04:46:33 AM

That's also a good opportunity to melt a few JMN's brains: build a kit but swap the engine to the Cyclone, and when the JMN start their usual tirade, reveal that the kit represents the replica and is therefore not a whiff. :wacko:

Also, what version of the Cyclone are they going to use? Because some versions of the Cyclone yield up to 1500 hp under WEP, that's about twice the horspeower (830 hp for Mercury and 825 hp for Twin Wasp) of the original installation... :o Even many of the more "modest" versions are in the 1000-1200 hp range, which would be a major improvement. Now, if that engine swap had been made in the original timeframe, hmm...

EDIT: Harebrained idea: during WW2 (around 1943), Finland purchases a stash of Cyclones from Germany, taken from shot-down B-17's, and re-equips some of their Fokkers with those to keep them competitive into 1944.
GR-1820F, the various F-series power ratings (take off) ranged from 497 - 900hp.

The Finnish State Aircraft Factory built D.XXIs equipped with Pratt & Whitney R-1535
Twin Wasp Junior 14-cylinder radials, acquired via Sweden, so there is a precedent for
re-engining.

The Finnish Brewster Buffaloes were R-1820 powered; they purchased a number of captured
French Curtiss Hawk 75s from the Germans, including seven Cyclone powered H75-4; the
Hispano 9V was a license built R-1820 - the Germans ended up with a number of them; the
Shvetsov M-25 was also a license built R-1820, and captured examples were used on the
Gotha Go 244 V3 prototype.

Thus various sources of supply could potentially be available.

http://enginehistory.org/Piston/Wright/C-WSpecsAfter1930.pdf