My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Today, accompanying a bottle of Tamiya extra thin glue which was too scared to do the journey from Metro Hobbies alone I received a 1/72 (natch) Roden Bristol F2B Fighter.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: rickshaw on December 21, 2019, 11:03:11 PM
I've used the Airmodel TF-86 conversion as part of my Sabre Dingo model.  It wasn't as bad as Kit makes out.   :thumbsup:

A lot of the older Airmodel stuff - when it was owned by the founder Hans Schafer (I *think* that was his name) - tended to fit where it touched.  The Valetta conversion I had was like that.  However, the later stuff when it was under the Frank Modelbau suffix, was all moulded by the same guys who became MPM/CMK and that was very good indeed.  They also did the tooling and production for Karo-As around the same time, and possibly some other German limited run companies.  The Karo As Fw 187 Falke I have in the stash has all the hallmarks of very early MPM injection kits and very similar plastic.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 21, 2019, 11:30:58 PM
I tried to do one some years ago, and the fuselage sides were not only different heights, by much more than the styrene thickness, but they were also different lengths, by maybe 3-4 mm!

They must have updated the mould since then Brian as your two holer looks pretty darn good.

Must have 'cause everything fitted basically perfectly IIRC.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

The Wooksta!

Picked up an AZ Spitfire mk IXe lowback fom Uncle Frank yesterday.  He has another one that looks rather lonely left on the shelf...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: zenrat on December 22, 2019, 12:07:21 AM
Today, accompanying a bottle of Tamiya extra thin glue which was too scared to do the journey from Metro Hobbies alone I received a 1/72 (natch) Roden Bristol F2B Fighter.

That happens all to frequently I find Fred.
Keeper of George the Cat.

chrisonord

Travelled to Bolton this afternoon  to Hobby craft as it was the only place  I  could  park near to that was open.  No kits bought, I  thought  their  kits were expensive compared to  the model shop in Preston, plus there was nothing that floated my boat.  Came home with the tamiya  dark yellow and a few other  paints needed for the  Javelin build I am currently doing, and some  expensive hairy sticks
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

Received from eBay this morning,

1 x 1/72 Modeldecal set 15

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on December 24, 2019, 04:37:48 AM

That's the one with The Stingers A-7, isn't it? A cracking sheet.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 24, 2019, 05:45:13 AM

Quote from: Gondor on December 24, 2019, 04:37:48 AM

That's the one with The Stingers A-7, isn't it? A cracking sheet.  :thumbsup:

Yup,

Slowly manageing to get the whole collection which I intend to keep as an untouched collection if possible while using second copies as whiff material

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Howard of Effingham

1/72 AW Whitley GRVII and it will be wiffed of course.

Something from the A&AEE Boscombe Down during WW2 most likely.

And a few pots of unrelated Humbrol Enamels.

Happy Xmas to wiffers everywhere.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Joe C-P

More fun from Shapeways.
From Bill's Models an island in 1/720 for the ARII Midway, which really does size out to be about that scale rather than being 1/800.  I was trying to rebuild the island myself, rather unsuccessfully.  He had one in a different scale, so I asked and he produced it.
I also picked up his 1/700 USS Bainbridge DD-1, very well packaged.  With photo-etch it will come out well.
The third is a MiniModels 1/600 Benewah class APB, which will be built as USS Mercer (after Mercer County, NJ) to match this photo I saw in a magazine many years ago and have always wanted to make into a diorama:

I actually have it in color; that water is truly quite brown, hence the nickname.
It will need new guns, a new lattice mast, other details like the davits and electronics, and then I need to buy the riverine craft.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Rick Lowe

Cool idea for a diorama. :thumbsup:

There's another shot with the same type of Base Ship, but with a swag of ATCs and Monitors. That'd look cool, too.

zenrat

Last pre chrimbo additions.  We hit some sales targets at work and got vouchers to spend in the post office.  I buy E-Bay gift cards which I then spend on models.
So for selling enough stamps, parcels and made in china crap I got these.

Stalwart by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Piper Super Cub by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
He 219 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

The stalwart is a very nice kit Fred
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!