2019/2020 Group Builds - The way ahead

Started by NARSES2, January 16, 2019, 05:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I thought I'd lay out my initial thoughts for the 2019/2020 Group Build calendar. Nothing's set in stone but this is the way I think things will pan out.

Chris

The current Racing GB finishes on 31st January

The VSTOL etc GB (in all honesty I have absolutely no idea what to call this GB ?) will run from 1/3/19 until 31/5/19 and currently I have no moderators lined up for this. Therefore the current plan is that I will moderate it.

The next GB Poll will be held in May. I will open up a thread to run for 10/14 days for suggestions and then run the actual Poll over the next 10/14 days. This will be the first Poll that will exclude any subject that has been "GB'd" over the previous two seasons.

The 2019/2020 season will kick off in the traditional manner with the One Week GB and this will held in either the 2nd or 3rd week of June.

Following that the three GB's of the season will be run :-

GB 1 - 1/7 to 30/9
GB 2 - 1/11 to 31/1/20
GB 3 - 1/3/20 to 31/5/20
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 16, 2019, 05:51:47 AM

The VSTOL etc GB (in all honesty I have absolutely no idea what to call this GB ?) will run from 1/3/19 until 31/5/19 and currently I have no moderators lined up for this. Therefore the current plan is that I will moderate it.

I'll give you a hand on that if you like Chris?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I will tentatively offer to help moderate a GB Chris

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

rickshaw

Quote from: Gondor on January 16, 2019, 12:42:19 PM
I will tentatively offer to help moderate a GB Chris

Gondor

Ditto, Chris.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

...The VSTOL etc GB (in all honesty I have absolutely no idea what to call this GB ?)...

Given it will encompass everything but conventional wings then surely in the current idiom it must be the Alt. Flight GB.

I would offer to Mod but I am taking two weeks off after Easter and so will be absent at the crucial "negotiating kickbacks for an extension" period.
:mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Cheers gentlemen  :thumbsup:

I will be in touch nearer the time.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

strobez

In the spirit of volunteering for something when you have no idea what you're getting into, I will also put up my hand to moderate a GB.
Thanks!

Greg

NARSES2

Thank you, duly noted  :thumbsup:

It honestly doesn't involve much work at all once the ground rules are established. Then once it ends there is a little bit to do, but not much.

I also do not think it's a conflict of interest for moderators to participate in GB's they are moderating, but am happy to leave that up to the moderator's themselves.

Nick

The VSTOL etc GB (in all honesty I have absolutely no idea what to call this GB ?)

Vertical Flight
Up, up and away!
The only way is up!

AeroplaneDriver

The VSTOL etc GB (in all honesty I have absolutely no idea what to call this GB ?)

The Straight Up GB?
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

IIRC other forms of unconventional flight were to be included such as Autgyros and Wing in Ground Effect (Ekranoplans).  Neither of which go straight up or travel vertically.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 22, 2019, 02:47:17 AM
IIRC other forms of unconventional flight were to be included such as Autgyros and Wing in Ground Effect (Ekranoplans).  Neither of which go straight up or travel vertically.

Absolutely, which is why I can't get my brain around a name for it  :banghead:

Maybe I'll just call it the "Unconventional Flight GB", but even that is going to need a long list of what that means and what is included ? It's going to be fun sorting the rules out for this one that's for sure  :angel:

loupgarou

A.B.Normal flight ?  Like in Young Frankenstein?  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Rheged

In education in UK, anything other than normal school attendance is referred to as "Education Otherwise (than standard)".  Similarly, might we refer to this build as AVIATION OTHERWISE?    It would mean that the moderators would have a major part to play in assessing the appropriateness of proposed builds, but I think everyone here can cope with rules that begin, like those of cricket, "If, in the opinion of the umpire......."

Should this not be acceptable to the community, I offer ALT. UPWARDS
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet