1/35 Luchs/MLRS kit bash

Started by Ramba, January 16, 2019, 07:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Very cool - but isn't the cabin hanging over a little (too?) wide forward?  :o It looks cool, but off-road capabilities and climbing would be seriously hampered? How about shortening the cabin and cutting out some wheel housings, so that the cabin's rear bulkheadf can bemoved further back? Won't help much, I guess, but a little?

Ramba

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 25, 2019, 08:31:24 AM
Very cool - but isn't the cabin hanging over a little (too?) wide forward?  :o It looks cool, but off-road capabilities and climbing would be seriously hampered? How about shortening the cabin and cutting out some wheel housings, so that the cabin's rear bulkheadf can bemoved further back? Won't help much, I guess, but a little?

It is a little too far forward but no other way for me to fit it. It is also just a sci fi what if build anyway ;D. I am also going by this sci fi image I found online and the cab is pretty far forward too which is what I based mine off of.

Captain Canada

....and the driver's steering wheel in on the wrong side of the cab  ;D

That one looks cool. Big. And the wheel layout looks great !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 25, 2019, 11:39:29 AM

For a member of the Commonwealth you guys have a very arse-about outlook ... :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Imagine the fun if drivers entering Canadia from the US had to switch to driving on the other side of the road.   ;D :wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

I was imagining "swap-over" lanes, with one side of the road swinging over the top of the other, & the Canadians demanding that the US (Splitters! ;) ;D) build them on their side of the border & alternate which lane goes over & which goes under at the border crossing points - so right-over-to-left, then left-over-to-right, then right-over-to-left, etc., etc.. :wacko:

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Ramba on April 25, 2019, 10:54:01 AM
It is a little too far forward but no other way for me to fit it. It is also just a sci fi what if build anyway ;D. I am also going by this sci fi image I found online and the cab is pretty far forward too which is what I based mine off of.

Nevertheless, it's looking great. And it's whifworld, after all.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 26, 2019, 03:28:16 AM
Imagine the fun if drivers entering Canadia from the US had to switch to driving on the other side of the road.   ;D :wacko:

One of the reasons the Channel Tunnel uses a train to get cars across the water  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 25, 2019, 08:31:24 AM

Here's the Soviet SCUD TEL.

Hangs over quite a bit. It does have a sloped skid plate under the cab.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

The 152mm SpGH DANA (dělo automobilní nabíjené automaticky) or Samohybná Kanónová Húfnica vzor 77 (ShKH vz. 77) is more directly comparable;

Captain Canada

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 26, 2019, 04:04:57 AM
I was imagining "swap-over" lanes, with one side of the road swinging over the top of the other, & the Canadians demanding that the US (Splitters! ;) ;D) build them on their side of the border & alternate which lane goes over & which goes under at the border crossing points - so right-over-to-left, then left-over-to-right, then right-over-to-left, etc., etc.. :wacko:

No. I've seen them drive already  :wacko:

That DANA is such a neat looking machine. Who doesn't like big guns !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 26, 2019, 04:04:57 AM

..........I was imagining "swap-over" lanes, with one side of the road swinging over the top of the other......

They did that at the Norway-Sweden and Finland -Sweden borders before 1967 when Sweden changed to driving on the right. I must have gone across the Finland-Sweden border before they changed as we did some winter testing in north Finland in 1965 or 6, but damnably I can't remember it.  :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 25, 2019, 05:46:21 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on April 25, 2019, 11:39:29 AM

For a member of the Commonwealth you guys have a very arse-about outlook ... :rolleyes:

Strangely when I came over to Canada from the UK, I found driving a standard left hand drive vehicle more natural when doing the gear shifting --- the gear stick was in my right hand --
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike