Doctor Who?

Started by AeroplaneDriver, January 21, 2019, 11:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Ah, so my memory hasn't gone then. I did come home from Friday swimming club and find mum and dad watching the news.

Glad about that as I've always told people that's where I was when I heard Kennedy had been shot.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

I worked at the BBC North Acton site as a security officer and they had the visual effects department located there along with the largest model stage in Europe. I was bitterly disappointed that the Tardis was made from plywood and the interior was in fact a studio.  The site also housed the costumes stores,  the  Cyber men aren't real. It's amazing what they can do with chicken wire and a sink plunger.
The site closed down in 1988 and the visual effects were moved to West Acton,  the costumes stores were moved into the rehearsal rooms at  North Acton when they did the revamp. I stayed as they were filming the scenes for  Chris Rhea 'La Passional ' and then moved to West Acton where I was lured to the Television Centre at White  City.
'I'm sorry Doc you can't park your Tardis there '. Were my last words before I was transferred to the BBC World Service Radio at Bush House opposite Gringotts  Bank aka the former Australian Embassy.

zenrat

I think you'll find that the Australian Embassy is still in Australia House.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..