South Cheshire Militaire (Crewe/Nantwich) Show 23 Feb 2020

Started by Weaver, January 22, 2019, 05:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

There were more than the usual number of Whiffs on other stands at this show, but most the work of one guy on the Stoke-on-Trent stand. The first seven below were all his work. Very good stuff and nicely thought out.

Both H and I searched for a seemingly mythical 'Jet Wyvern' that one of our visitors claimed he'd got on one of the stands, but it remained elusive. :-(

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 25, 2019, 10:42:15 AM

I like the row of penguins all lined up on the side!

You know, a handful of Skyraiders and the Sherman Fireflies of Port Stanley would done wonders in 1982  :lol:

Weaver

A Skyraider vs Pucara dogfight would have been a confrontation for the connaisseur, wouldn't it?  :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Looks like Kit photographed pretty much all the same ones I did (and did a better job of it too), however here's mine anyway.

First up, our stand. Kit's mostly big things and my mostly small things went together nicely. One thing I may do in future is get, or make, some kind of stand which will lift the 'What-If SIG' signs higher off the table, thereby also making more room.

[/url]
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

And here's the What-If's. There wern't that many to be honest, and like Kit said, we were told about some that didn't seem to actually be out on the tables. We were told about even more in the nature of 'confessions of sins', i.e. "don't tell anyone in my club but I made a What-If thing once", and quite a few of our cards were surreptitiously pocketed, so who knows?  :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

And lastly, some real-world stuff that caught my eye. Spanish Civil War stuff has interested me ever since we had a GB about it ages ago, and I always love a good junkyard diorama for the work that goes into the weathering and detailing. As anyone who's tried it can testify, making a model of a derelict vehicle is actually harder than making it 'clean' since you end up scratchbuilding the inside of missing panels, wiring etc...

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

South Cheshire Militaire Universal Model Show 2020

Sunday 23rd February 2020

Malbank 6th Form College
Welsh Row
Nantwich
CW5 5HD

10am - 5pm

I'm putting on the SIG stand for this one again - 12 feet of space so plenty of room to display.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Sorry folks, but due to ongoing car problems I'll not be covering this show for the SIG after all. I can't guarantee being back on the road soon and it's not fair on the organisers to cancel at the last minute.

The show is still on, and it's a good one, so SiG stand or not, I still highly recommend it to anyone who fancies a trip out that Sunday.

- Indiana Jones