AN-12BKM Civilian Gunship ***FINISHED***

Started by TheChronicOne, January 26, 2019, 01:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strobez

I always assume everything is 1/144... ;)

That's a great job, especially on the tail.  Nice work indeed!
Thanks!

Greg

TheChronicOne

Thanks Greg!!!    My "rule" is 1/72 for military, 1/144 for civil/airliners. That's not going to stop me from whipping up a 1/72 Cessna in civil livery or eventually when I make one of my 1/144 C-5s oob military but for the most part, that's how I segregate my stuff.  :angel:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: strobez on June 03, 2019, 07:48:05 AM

I hadn't really thought about it but I assume everything is 1/72 unless there is a visual clue to show otherwise.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 04, 2019, 04:37:52 AM
Quote from: strobez on June 03, 2019, 07:48:05 AM

I hadn't really thought about it but I assume everything is 1/72 unless there is a visual clue to show otherwise.

Yup my first assumption is 1/72, but then that was the standard European scale when I started. 1/48 was from the other side of the Atlantic back then.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

All done!

This one was a blast!! Eastern Express kit was fraught with terrible fitment but the project was endearing to me and it didn't affect my mood about it much. What fun!! I'm very happy with this one...   :laugh:
-Sprues McDuck-

Spey_Phantom

what a great result, wouldnt want to be on the recieving end of this one  :thumbsup:
the color scheme looks great, would blend in within the African regions.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

TheChronicOne

Thanks, bud!!! I am thrilled with the paint job. I was scared it might look like some Christmas ornament. Phew!  Learning as I go along and am finally seeing better results than some prior works. Still a few things to learn though. 

I just wish the pictures were a little better. I can't see the screen outside because of the glare!! I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and buy a new camera and retire this 8 year old phone.
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

That looks tremendous Brad, LOVE the colour scheme, specially the grinning sharksmouth.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I bet it gets a bit breezy in the gun bays though!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Thanks brotha!!!! Yeah no heat, and no pressure!!! It's going to be miserable back there. The pilots have it made......   and ol' boy in the tail maybe. His function is to take BDA pictures I guess.  :unsure: ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

The Rat

WOW! That looks ready to seriously kick butt.  :thumbsup: :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Old Wombat

I can see Barney Ross & Lee Christmas in the cockpit already! :wacko: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Thanks, you guys!!!  I'm glad people like it. Not so popular on Facebook yet...  ;D  It's a strange concept.
-Sprues McDuck-

Cobra

a Superb,Kick Tail Build! i Could almost hear Either "Ride of the Valkyries" or "Gimme Some Loving" as that Planes Shows up to Carry Out it's Mission! was it an RPIA to Do the Paint Scheme? Keep up the superb Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Scotaidh

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 20, 2019, 08:23:18 PM
Thanks, you guys!!!  I'm glad people like it. Not so popular on Facebook yet...  ;D  It's a strange concept.

Well, yeah - the concept is a bit mad, unless you'd already seen pics and/or flicks of US Forestry folks using recoil-less rifles on potential avalanches; or Six Wives for Six Brothers. ;)

All that said, your execution of - let it be said - a very difficult kit is sterling, and I applaud you.  Bravo, sir, bravo!

Warning!! Philosophical Musings Ahead!! Warning!!

Thing is, when you look at what we do, we're all a bit crazy by 'normal' modeling standards.  Most modelers are somewhat defensive of their hobby at the outset, well aware that most non-modeling adults are humourously tolerant, regarding model kits as 'something I did as a kid".  So they seek acceptance by slavishly pursuing the 'ideal' of the model appearing to be an actual aircraft/tank/car/whatever written small.  To this end they wrax their eyes over tiny bits of bent metal, spend endless days in research for the exact shade of "Non-Specular Tropical Malaria-Survivor Flesh", and the tread patterns of replacement tracks for a prototype armored car made in a "found yesterday" secret bunker in the south-eastern end of the northern Silesian Forests.

'Course, most of them (normal modelers) follow the instructions provided with the kit.  Many of them just use what's in the box, with a resin add-on or two, perhaps a canopy mask or an etched metal wotsit, and then subtly shade/weather/oil stain the heck out of it.  But - they follow the instructions.

Now, we, on the other hand, may do all that - but mostly we seem to regard boxed kits as parts supply for other builds; builds that bear only a passing resemblance to an actual aircraft/tank/car/whatever.  When most of us build a model, we're not following any instructions other than those in our fevered imaginations, or at most, a scribbled sketch on a paper napkin. 

We're the ones keeping the modeling putty industry in business -  for example, just this past weekend I had to purchase a new 1lb Aves Apoxy putty set, and two tubes of Evergreen putty, and I shudder to think of Tophe's putty bill.  ;)  We're the ones who attempt to build the Three Stooges ATV
- but with Captain Nemo's Nautilus and Mi-6 rotors.  We have no sacred cows, no boundaries, no taboos - we're mad.  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Old Wombat

Quote from: Scotaidh on June 21, 2019, 02:16:20 AM
Warning!! Philosophical Musings Ahead!! Warning!!

Thing is, when you look at what we do, we're all a bit crazy by 'normal' modeling standards.  Most modelers are somewhat defensive of their hobby at the outset, well aware that most non-modeling adults are humourously tolerant, regarding model kits as 'something I did as a kid".  So they seek acceptance by slavishly pursuing the 'ideal' of the model appearing to be an actual aircraft/tank/car/whatever written small.  To this end they wrax their eyes over tiny bits of bent metal, spend endless days in research for the exact shade of "Non-Specular Tropical Malaria-Survivor Flesh", and the tread patterns of replacement tracks for a prototype armored car made in a "found yesterday" secret bunker in the south-eastern end of the northern Silesian Forests.

'Course, most of them (normal modelers) follow the instructions provided with the kit.  Many of them just use what's in the box, with a resin add-on or two, perhaps a canopy mask or an etched metal wotsit, and then subtly shade/weather/oil stain the heck out of it.  But - they follow the instructions.

Now, we, on the other hand, may do all that - but mostly we seem to regard boxed kits as parts supply for other builds; builds that bear only a passing resemblance to an actual aircraft/tank/car/whatever.  When most of us build a model, we're not following any instructions other than those in our fevered imaginations, or at most, a scribbled sketch on a paper napkin. 

We're the ones keeping the modeling putty industry in business -  for example, just this past weekend I had to purchase a new 1lb Aves Apoxy putty set, and two tubes of Evergreen putty, and I shudder to think of Tophe's putty bill.  ;)  We're the ones who attempt to build the Three Stooges ATV
- but with Captain Nemo's Nautilus and Mi-6 rotors.  We have no sacred cows, no boundaries, no taboos - we're mad.  :)

Well, obviously! :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est