Old Wombat's (possible) Scale-o-rama Builds

Started by Old Wombat, February 09, 2019, 08:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 20, 2019, 04:00:04 AM

Hope you can excuse the weak back story. :-\

Nothing weak about it at all, it says it like it was and that's what backstories are for.

BRILL bit of modelling too, now the squaddie is in view with the controller it all makes sense.  :thumbsup:

(Are Oz Army squaddies called squaddies or do they have a different slang name?)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Nice work there.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
What's the significance of the colouration of the Ball Cap? Or is it a generic 'Cool Colours'-kind of thing?

Quote:
(Note: the large, pale roundels on the upper wing are an unusual feature & may indicate that this is a very early operational RQ-19A, with larger roundels being used for identification by friendly air forces.)
:Unquote

Nice save to get around the lack of appropriately-sized roundels  ;D

Hobbes

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Dizzyfugu

Now that's a lovely idea and rendition!  :thumbsup:

Worthy Whiffies contender!

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 21, 2019, 10:01:37 PM

What's the significance of the colouration of the Ball Cap? Or is it a generic 'Cool Colours'-kind of thing?

I was wondering as well. Assumed it was regimental colours, possibly cavalry ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Thanks for the comments, gent's! Much appreciated! :bow: :bow:

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 22, 2019, 06:02:38 AM

Nope, that'd be an Adelaide Crows (AFL) cap, based on one I own. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

Quote:
(Note: the large, pale roundels on the upper wing are an unusual feature & may indicate that this is a very early operational RQ-19A, with larger roundels being used for identification by friendly air forces.)
:Unquote

Nice save to get around the lack of appropriately-sized roundels  ;D

Yup, but, more so, the unexpectedly pale colour - they looked a lot darker on the sheet! :o

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 21, 2019, 07:15:08 AM
(Are Oz Army squaddies called squaddies or do they have a different slang name?)

"Diggers" is one common term, other services (Navy & Air Force) tend to call them "pongos". ;)

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 22, 2019, 08:36:08 AM
Thanks for the comments, gent's! Much appreciated! :bow: :bow:

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 22, 2019, 06:02:38 AM

Nope, that'd be an Adelaide Crows (AFL) cap, based on one I own. ;D

Ah, fair enough then. Makes sense.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 22, 2019, 08:42:34 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 21, 2019, 07:15:08 AM

"Diggers" is one common term, other services (Navy & Air Force) tend to call them "pongos". ;)

Thanks for the inside info, 'diggers' sounds good to me.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 20, 2019, 04:00:04 AM

All the pieces in the images will be in the final diorama but not necessarily where they are (especially the remote control case, which will be in the vehicle that I haven't built yet - a laptop linked to the RQ-19A by a data cord will replace it).

The company that builds the ROVER system was developing a secure Bluetooth-enabled version.  Ignore the data cable (which is one less connector that needs a stealth cover) and claim it's secure Bluetooth capable.  ;D

As for the ballcap, they're tacti-cool. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

scoot, I didn't know about ROVER as such but I assumed such systems existed & the RQ-19A is fitted with them. The laptop & data cable are for the extensive pre-flight surveillance systems checks. The data cable will connect to a USB port in the front wheel bay (so the poor-bugger techie has to lie on the ground to get it in & out), unless I decide to put the USB port on top, between the intakes but back against the first panel line. I have yet to decide where the power cable is going to connect (it won't be the wheel bay, though).

By the way, the dark grey panels are covering electronic surveillance systems, the dark rectangles just aft of the nose are for cameras, while the little dome at the front is for the piloting camera, which, obviously, is also used as a surveillance device.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat