Aichi E31A Jacky

Started by Tophe, February 11, 2019, 07:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Thanks!
Maybe you could use this idea to create a rocket Comet triplex-boomer, if you want... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on February 18, 2019, 04:12:54 AM
And from 4 different angles: the only rocket floatplane of the 1940s...
Ericr, our expert about seaplanes may confirm or correct:
The Aichi E31A is the only rocket floatplane ever! the only rocket seaplane ever!
(among jet seaplanes, all were powered by turbojets:
- floatplane: Bartini VVA-14
- flying boats: Martin P6M Seamaster, Saunders Roe SRA1, Beriev Be-10 Mallow/R-1/A-40/A-42/Be-200, KM Ekranoplan Caspian Sea Monster
- foils: Convair F2Y Sea Dart)

ericr

ah ! I only discover the thread today, sorry :

an excellent invention indeed !  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I always like to see tail fins on the floats : the few example I saw have such good looks.

and I indeed confirm that I do not know of any other rocket seaplane :
it was a missing link in the grand evolutionary scheme of things, and Tophe brought it to life.

You often do thatactually : you explore evolutionary solutions that did not leave trace in the poor, restricted, limited real world,
and in doing so you inform us oif all that could have been : thanks for that !

Tophe

Quote from: ericr on February 26, 2019, 01:41:11 AM
it was a missing link in the grand evolutionary scheme of things, and Tophe brought it to life.
You often do thatactually : you explore evolutionary solutions that did not leave trace in the poor, restricted, limited real world,
and in doing so you inform us oif all that could have been : thanks for that !
:wub: Thanks a lot for these wonderful words defining the what-if spirit!
I have written an article for Le Trait d'Union magazine (French Air Britain) about French what-if aviation, and I would have mentioned your great words if it was not too late (I wrote it in early January), but thanks again to confirm the feeling I tried to explain (towards true Historians)...

Quote from: Tophe on February 26, 2019, 12:44:31 AM
The Aichi E31A is (...) the only rocket seaplane ever!
:angry:  ;D Wrong! The Lokichi E38L Lightnink were also rocket seaplanes, in 1946 just after Japan won WW2: