Armstrong Whitworth Siskin, No 2 Squadron Royal Scots Airforce, Abbotsinch 1936

Started by Doug K, February 21, 2019, 03:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

They are very useful, but be a little careful with the first "dob" of glue, especially when you haven't used it for a while. It can come out quite quickly and it's easy to get all over the place. Subsequent "dobs" are much more controlled.

Like anything new you need to get comfortable about using it, but when you do they are very good.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Doug K

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 24, 2019, 05:42:01 AM
They are very useful, but be a little careful with the first "dob" of glue, especially when you haven't used it for a while. It can come out quite quickly and it's easy to get all over the place. Subsequent "dobs" are much more controlled.

Like anything new you need to get comfortable about using it, but when you do they are very good.

Thanks, I'll find one tomorrow and try it on the Gladiator

zenrat

Quote from: Doug K on February 24, 2019, 08:24:49 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 24, 2019, 05:42:01 AM

Thanks, I'll find one tomorrow and try it on the Gladiator

What are they like for clogging?  I've tried a number of different types of superglue applicators and always go back to the basic metal tube with pointy nozzle as I can keep them from clogging with the simple expedient of wiping excess glue off on my shirt and storing the tube nozzle upright.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 25, 2019, 03:01:45 AM

....... with the simple expedient of wiping excess glue off on my shirt and storing the tube nozzle upright.

OK, so how do you stop your shirt from then gluing itself onto YOU Fred?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

What are they like for clogging?  I've tried a number of different types of superglue applicators and always go back to the basic metal tube with pointy nozzle as I can keep them from clogging with the simple expedient of wiping excess glue off on my shirt and storing the tube nozzle upright.

I've not had a problem so far.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 25, 2019, 04:47:13 AM

....... with the simple expedient of wiping excess glue off on my shirt and storing the tube nozzle upright.

I wipe it on the outside.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Doug K

Quote from: zenrat on February 26, 2019, 02:31:49 AM

🤣

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 26, 2019, 02:31:49 AM

If I tried that I just KNOW it'd soak right through and glue the shirt to my skin semi-permanently. I just KNOW it would!  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

It's actually usually the hem of a tee-shirt.  I can be a bit messy when it comes to paint and glue (and oil and varnish and thinners and...) so I have a number that have seen better days which I tend to wear if i'm spending a decent amount of time in the shed.
Fred

PR19_Kit

I'm usually wearing a particular track suit while modelling, one that's been through the MEGA-wash cycle more times than I've had hot dinners.

While the trousers of the trakkies are superglue free, that can't be said of their multi-coloured hues, which by some strange coincidence conform almost exactly to various Humbrol and Vallejo shades.............  :o

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?