F-5U Morsair (December 2004 - May 2008)

Started by John Howling Mouse, December 25, 2004, 02:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Hehehehe stealth attack on the JMNs I like that idea!  :ar:

Brian da Basher

BlackOps

HOLY MOLY! you have got some serious patience!  Looks great. I might be able to make a part from scratch but I could never make to parts that match!

Truly inspirational!

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Man, am I stupid.  What a knob.  I just pulled out one of my other "in-progress" kit boxes and found the already-modifed Corsair KIT tailfin!!!  At some point, I must have tossed the KIT's Corsair tailfin halves into the wrong box.

I had already squared off the kit's tailfin and had it ready to go.  All it needed was a quick 3/8" wide strip insert at the base where the tailfin joins to the fuselage spine.  Other than that, it was done and ready to go!

Not realizing this, on Wednesday, I spent how long shaping a (lesser quality) complete scratchbuilt tailfin!

The kit's tailfin would have been soooooooooo much better looking, too.  Better details, nice fine ribbing details, etc. etc.

And I just know that pulling off the scratchbuilt tailfin (which is now very securely affixed to the fuselage) would wreck everything.

Dumkoff!!

:dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:   Back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

(moderators please excuse my language) Bugger.

Leigh

Tsk tsk tsk Not like you Barry, you not feeling well? what's with the bad attitude?
Usually you would see this as a gift from the Gods, now you HAVE to scratchbuild a complete plane around the extra tailfin. :D  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

John Howling Mouse

QuoteUsually you would see this as a gift from the Gods, now you HAVE to scratchbuild a complete plane around the extra tailfin. :D
Oh, you're right.

Anybody up for a TWIN-BOOM Corsair????

A la P-38 concept?

Hey, that way, I could save the kit's tailfin for something completely different and I could make up a whole new PAIR of matching tailfins while I'm at it!  But, would it still have the bent wing or am I about to embark on making a whole new Morsair with straightwings???  Man, I just KNEW I should have molded those straight wings once I finally got them right!

Tophe

QuoteAnybody up for a TWIN-BOOM Corsair????
A la P-38 concept?
Up! Up!
As the Twin-Corsair has already been imagined (Twin-Whirlwind topic of the twin-tail forum), you are right that the central-pod+2-twin-booms remains to be done... But please precise your idea: lateral engines and propellers like the P-38/P-61 or central nose-engine-cockpit of the F4U and simple booms XP-54/J.21 way? With a tractor propeller like very few single-engine twin-boomers have...
Thanks dear! To make us dream...  ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

John Howling Mouse

QuoteAnybody up for a TWIN-BOOM Corsair????
A la P-38 concept?
Up! Up!
As the Twin-Corsair has already been imagined (Twin-Whirlwind topic of the twin-tail forum), you are right that the central-pod+2-twin-booms remains to be done... But please precise your idea: lateral engines and propellers like the P-38/P-61 or central nose-engine-cockpit of the F4U and simple booms XP-54/J.21 way? With a tractor propeller like very few single-engine twin-boomers have...
Thanks dear! To make us dream...  ;)
Like my prior P-38 turned-Mustang concept, the Tworsair (or Duo-Sair?) would be a P-38 configuration but using Corsair elements.

But where was the actual image of the Corsair you mentioned on your other thread, Tophe???   BTW, your latest concoction on your thread is fantastic (with the propeller shafts right inside the booms themselves)!!!

John Howling Mouse

The dreaded putty-sand-repeat has begun.  Other than screwing up completely, this is the only part of modeling I do not enjoy.  It's good for discipline and patience, I suppose...  <_<

K5054NZ

Hehe...any prowling JMNs are gonna love this one...keep it up JHM! I want one!

Tophe

QuoteLike my prior P-38 turned-Mustang concept, the Tworsair (or Duo-Sair?) would be a P-38 configuration but using Corsair elements.
I will work on it, on a simple view from above (spending minutes rather than hours...), thanks.

QuoteBut where was the actual image of the Corsair you mentioned on your other thread, Tophe???
I have dreamed of several Twin-Corsairs at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...?showtopic=4626 (8 entries Dec26/2004, Dec27/2004)
and at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...opic=4626&st=40 (2 entries Jan6/2005)

Tophe

QuoteLike my prior P-38 turned-Mustang concept, the Tworsair (or Duo-Sair?) would be a P-38 configuration but using Corsair elements.
I will work on it, on a simple view from above (spending minutes rather than hours...), thanks.
Addition: This has been presented in the "Twin-Whirlwind etc." topic, not to divert too much here from your topic subject: the great forthcoming Morsair...
See http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...40&#entry100694

K5054NZ

Nudge...updates please...

John Howling Mouse

QuoteNudge...updates please...
zzzZZZzzz...eh, what?

Oh, just putty-sand-repeat...

putty-sand-repeat...

putty-sand-repeat...

zzzZZZzzz

:zzz:  

K5054NZ

Oh well, fingers crossed for the weekend then, eh?   <_< I'm sure I'll forgive you when we see some more progress.