F-5U Morsair (December 2004 - May 2008)

Started by John Howling Mouse, December 25, 2004, 02:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

Fugedabout the boots for now Baz, all we ask is for pics. Pics.

PICS! PROGRESS! SNELL SNELL! :P

B777LR

sorry about saying that the bare metal ruined the whole paintshceme. what i meant was that the bare metal parts did not in my opinion look so good on the dark blue. But i still think it looks better than my F16.
JHM, why dont you make a post with photos of all of your whiff builds?  

John Howling Mouse

QuoteJHM, why dont you make a post with photos of all of your whiff builds?
Because my Photobucket account is already almost overloaded, but thanks!

No need to apologize for your opinion.  BTW, this entire plane will eventually be covered in various metal shades (except for the yellow tips and the anti-glare strip).  The bare metal segments you see now are just the start of the finish since the paints I'm using are not compatible with each other (my bad idea).

And it may very well suck once it's done, for all I know.

But I do believe I have confirmed that my favorite part about modelling is pulling the tape off a segmented paintjob to see what it looks like underneath.

That, and showing you guys what I'm up to!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

Just a quick shot of the underside, masked for first stage of stainless steel (first coat is on, I'll take a pic after the tape is lifted):

:blink:  

BlackOps

Barry, I love trying to figure out which piece of the puzzle your going to color in first :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Jeffry Fontaine

Hard to believe that Barry has been working on this project since December 2004 and he has us all waiting to see what happens next.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

John Howling Mouse

QuoteBarry, I love trying to figure out which piece of the puzzle your going to color in first :)
Yeah, me too (as I go!).  This would have been soooo much less hassle if I had stuck to a single line of compatible paints.  You know, spray the whole thing with one basic NMF shade, tape some bits to retain the first color, then spray the rest, and so on.

But, no, I had to get all excited about Polly Scale paints' metal line and do some in that brand and the rest in Tamiya rattle-cans.

:dum:  :dum:  

B777LR

hurry hurry hurry, we want pics, we want pics

K5054NZ

Quotehurry hurry hurry, we want pics, we want pics
Ah, you are learning well young one! The art of pressuring Barry for progress pics can take more than a token effort.............just ask an expert.

Just do as I do:

:angry: PICS! WE WANT PICS!

PIIIIIIIICS!!!!

And pics you shall get! ;)  

B777LR

QuoteAnd pics you shall get! ;)
we hope

SimonR

It's not JHM's job to build kits for your amusement. If he is generous enough to share the inspirational fruits of his labour when he feels like it then we're all grateful, but why bug him?
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

lancer

QuoteIt's not JHM's job to build kits for your amusement. If he is generous enough to share the inspirational fruits of his labour when he feels like it then we're all grateful, but why bug him?
Well said.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

Not the most exciting update, visually-speaking, but it is getting there.
I'll patiently wait a couple more days before masking off all this initial steel shade prior to spraying the balance with Tamiya silvers.

K5054NZ

QuoteIt's not JHM's job to build kits for your amusement. If he is generous enough to share the inspirational fruits of his labour when he feels like it then we're all grateful, but why bug him?
My apologies, one and all. I know my excitement can get a little excessive sometimes. I just love seeing such great work.

Speaking of which, Baz, fantastic work! I'm insanely curious to see how this baby ends up! So far it seems the NMF is going to be something of a benchmark for we embryonic modellers!

Brian da Basher

That whole paint compatibility thing can be a real pain in the tuchuss! Mr Howling Mouse, I'm really enjoying watching this one come together! I can see it in my mind in those varying metal shades....yes!!!!

Brian da Basher