F-5U Morsair (December 2004 - May 2008)

Started by John Howling Mouse, December 25, 2004, 02:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, Damian.  Found another pic which I think is better:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Ohh man Mr Howling Mouse that looks soooo real it practically flies off my screen! I don't think I've ever seen weathering and paint chipping done so effectively before. You seem to have hit it just right...not overdone nor too subtle. Words cannot express how dumbfounded I am at your skill.

Sheesh if you ever took TWO weeks off I'd definately have to consider a new hobby like collecting dust bunnies.

Brian da Basher

wolfik

my respect John..... :cheers:
it looks everytime better and better...which markings will be used?
if you need FAA markings so let me know :)

regards

John Howling Mouse

Quotemy respect John..... :cheers:
it looks everytime better and better...which markings will be used?
if you need FAA markings so let me know :)

regards
Thanks.  It will actually be in very standard, post-WW II USAF markings.  Something fairly plain-Jane but I might do my own nose-art decal.  Just don't want to distract from the "blah" nature of the plane.

Thanks for the offer re: FAA markings, though!   ^_^  

Radish

Terrific, just special.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

John Howling Mouse

Scratchbuilt pylons. I might still punch out tiny discs for the end of the curved arm-things.  I don't know.

Spent waaaaay too long today cleaning up some 1960's era WWII 500 lb bombs.

Which reminds me: why did anyone during WWII (or now, for that matter) bother to paint iron bombs that are just going to be dropped the first time they are carried?  I can understand drop tanks and modern missiles that are going to be re-used but single mission ordnance?

John Howling Mouse

Aluminum fuel tanks: dented and busted up but not dropped (yet).

Leigh

Barry I feel your pain, I know how frustrating it is when a project doesn't turn out how you'd planned. You've managed to make a really awesome looking model there, better luck next time on producing a piece of crap. :D  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

retro_seventies

QuoteBarry I feel your pain, I know how frustrating it is when a project doesn't turn out how you'd planned. You've managed to make a really awesome looking model there, better luck next time on producing a piece of crap. 

PRICELESS!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

John Howling Mouse

I'll be working on our plant turnaround for the next 55 days but thought I'd upload at least some semblance of so-called "progress" anyhow.

The Morsair is actually fully decalled now, too but can't show any more pics of the main airframe until it's completely finished, including the custom made, vacuum-formed canopy.

For now, here's the Morsair's prop, modified from that of an Italeri Skyraider.

In the end, it will have an elongated conical prop spinner cone.

BlackOps

Barry, sorry to hear that work will become the devourer of spare time, especially when yo tease us with such cool stuff. That pic would make a pretty good avatar by the way ;)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

You're weathering of the prop blades it very cool. B)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

I figured I may as well show you guys where the Morsair is at since it's going to be awhile since I get back to it.  Hope you like!

BlackOps

There really aren't enough great words out there to describe your work...Your builds are what we all wish we could produce. Simply awe inspiring.

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

GTX

Love to see the finished product displayed to drive the JMNs crazy trying to work out what the thing was :lol:  :lol:  :lol: !

Superb work!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!