F-5U Morsair (December 2004 - May 2008)

Started by John Howling Mouse, December 25, 2004, 02:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian2

Oh MY GOD!!

Mr. JHM sir, may I say that your model is indeed excellent!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Gary

John... I am at a loss to give this model and you the credit you deserve. It's amazing.
Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

Wow, Baz....that's amazing work. How'd you get so frickin' good ? Weiner.......

Love that front 3/4 view, sure looks a diferent kettle of fish when you can see the wing like that.

:wub:

And the worn paint look ? Wicked ! Do tell !

:wub:  :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Thats stunning  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

cthulhu77

Once again, you've created a masterpiece  !  That finish is amazing...

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, guys.  Without this group, who could I even show these models to?

You're the best.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Allan

Just lovely, Bazz.

The dark trim to the yellow areas is very fetching.

Wish I had your skills--but at least there's something to aim for when you are around.

How'd you dent those fuel tanks so convincingly?

Allan in Canberra

Brian da Basher

Mr Howling Mouse this is yet another award-winning masterpiece to add to the Baz collection! Your work completely astounds me. From the fuel tank dents to the different shades of metal down to how you even chipped the markings, this build looks so authentically real it's amazing! I can't wait to see the canopy on it. 55 days won't pass soon enough.

Brian da Basher

K5054NZ

upnorth

That is simply increadible! :wub:  
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Sisko

Barry..... nice work man!!! :wub:

Enjoy the accolades you deserve them!

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

SimonR

I can't really add anything to what has already been said. This is an awesome model and we all know it. I think part of its unique appeal is the lengthy and superbly detailed documentation of its construction. It is truly the Gilgamesh Epic of whif.com!
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

nev

QuoteHope you like!
Like it?  I LOVE IT!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Only the finest Churchillian prose could be adequate for the complements you deserve to have bestowed upon you!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, guys.  I really do mean it when I say you're the primary source for my inspiration.

Nev, the fuel tanks were dented up by randomly rolling around their surface with a cordless Dremel using a large, round tip (the kind that looks like a rooftop ventilation "Whirlybird" --- I don't know what its proper name is).

The fueltank denting is probably overdone as they would likely have been dropped by the time they got into this dilapidated condition but I love heavy weathering and I'm going with Captain Canada's idea of the Morsair being a workhorse mudmover.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Mr Howling Mouse earlier you had asked if anyone painted bombs. I know the U.S.A.A.F. painted their bombs OD and the U.S. Navy painted theirs yellow early in the war. I think the Germans also painted their bombs too. I can't speak for the Bristish or the Russians, but I'm sure someone more authoritative will chime in.

HTH,
Brian da Basher