Fairey Rotodyne 2.0 - Finished pics page 14

Started by zenrat, February 25, 2019, 11:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Now we can quietly wait for the completion, good! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Thanks Chris.
I did a bit to this today.  Got the rudders and elevators attached to the tails.
Rotodyne 2.0 WIP 13-06-2019 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

That's one SERIOUS exhaust there, worth a couple of hundred horse-power at least.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Well it needs to be large as the bypass air from the Pegasus exits through it along with the exhaust gases when it isn't needed to blow round the rotor.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Devilfish

"Rotodyne - By Gerry Anderson!"  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Masked this and had another go at painting the top half white.
Much more satisfactory results this time.  Mainly because I used acrylic and brushed it on.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

Scotaidh

Looks good!  All hail the Hairy Stick!  ;)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

You may hail it if you like.  Just don't look too closely at the finish.  This is going to need some very gentle and carefull polishing if I am going to gloss clear it.
Fred

zenrat

Painting continues.  I am applying thinned coats of gloss white acrylic (Vallejo).  IMO this gives the smoothest finish with a hairy stick but it's taking a while to get even coverage.

In the meantime I have moved on to the cockpit and the rotor.
Rotodyne 2.0 WIP 21-06-2019 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Rather than add big tip jet thingos I have gone subtle and settled for just cleaning them up and adding nozzles from a Gundam detail up pack.
Rotodyne 2.0 WIP 21-06-2019 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Having sanded all the lovely rivets off the rest of the thing I am determined to keep them on the rotor.

Fred

zenrat

Wings and tails painted.  I got the sandpaper effect again.  It polished off OK on the fuselage so hopefully it'll do the same on these parts.
I think it is due to spraying hot paint (warmed in a bucket of hot water) in a cold and damp atmosphere.
I have also primed the front and rear cowlings from the nacelles.  I may do these in Alclad Chrome.  Or at least try to do so.  It also might not like the ambient conditions down there.
White is nearly there.  One or two more thinned coats should do it and then I can unmask.  I have the decals sorted (from one of my few 1/72 airliner kits - Brad C knows what it is) but as they are designed for clear windows and I filled and paintd over those on the 'dyne I have had to print some decals to go under them.
Fred

zenrat

White paint finished and masking removed.  Oversplosh cleaned off.
Worked on the cockpit today.  It's a bit bare OOB so i'm adding some bits and pieces.  I'm not sure if i'll retain the Airfix pilots or use a couple of PJ Productions examples.  I'll have to see how visible everything is through the "glass".
Fred