Fairey Rotodyne 2.0 - Finished pics page 14

Started by zenrat, February 25, 2019, 11:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strobez

Let me just say, I have no idea what's going on here... but I like it!
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Quote from: strobez on March 05, 2019, 10:59:46 PM
...I have no idea what's going on here...

Join the club mate.   :mellow:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Interesting discovery today.  The rotor pylon on the Airfix Rotodyne is not moulded symmetrically.  When viewed from above one side has a more curved exterior profile than the other.
This'll be due to the old way of mastering.  Not something that will happen when Airfix use CAD to produce the moulds for the new 1/72 version.    ;)

Painted the inside of the fuselage black today (the easy way out - I am not up for scratching an interior on this one) and then, after checking I can insert the cockpit later, glued the halves together.
Applied PPP to the engine nacelles.
Also put epoxy filler on the remains of the Harrier and then glued the pylon to it.

Sanding the rivets off the fuselage will be next.  Then creating a restyled rear with a drop down ramp rather than clamshells.
I also have to get the stub wings and undercarriage nacelles (A-10) to fit.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

The Wooksta!

You see, I would have simply swapped out the Tynes for full harrier fuselages and extended the wings.  Actually, I did consider doing that some years back but never got round to it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

It wouldn't have been of Spackman proportions, just enough to accommodate the wider Harrier fuselages.  I was to have kept the noses as well for additional fuel.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 10, 2019, 05:20:56 AM
You see, I would have simply swapped out the Tynes for full harrier fuselages and extended the wings. 

Now you're talking,

shades of this which was started a long time ago (still needs to be finished though  :banghead: )

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

I must admit the wings do seem a bit short.
However, in light of the statement in The Rules regarding stubby wings I will not be lengthening them.
I may however give them some Anhedral as a nod to the Harrier.

Kitnut, your B57(?) looks very promising.  Why has it stalled?
Fred

zenrat

Fred

PR19_Kit

That's one SERIOUS exhaust duct on the Pegasus.

RESPECT!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks Kit.  Not having a spare jet exhaust without an afterburner I had to use a piece of styrene tube and it was that one or one half the size which looked far too small.
Fred

rickshaw

I note you've added a rear ramp.  Rotodyne Z, the proposed production version had a beavertail door.  I did one on my RAN one a few years ago.

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Very nice.

I added the ramp because I thought it should be able to open the back door in flight should the operator want to air drop cargoes (or disgorge unruly passengers)..
The interior is divided into two with a dedicated cargo section at the rear (the last 3 windows on each side will be blanked off.
Fred

Captain Canada

Very nice. I like the new look so far !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thanks Cap'n.  PSR time approaches...
Fred