Fairey Rotodyne 2.0 - Finished pics page 14

Started by zenrat, February 25, 2019, 11:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Today I have glued the Pegasus and pylon onto the top of the fuselage with styrene cement.  Contact points are minimal so once all is dried I will run a nice thick bead of epoxy round the edge.  This will be hidden under the filler that will blend the whole lot together.
I also glued the jet nacelles to the wings.  Yet more filler will be needed to blend these together.
Filler will also be needed for the many sink marks on the fuselage and for the steps where the fuselage halves didn't match up well.
I haven't glued the undercarriage sponsons and stub wings on yet but I am pretty sure that they'll also need filler.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Remind me to buy shares in Isopon, Humbrol, Squadron, Presto and anyone else who makes filler.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Tamiya Polyester (AKA stinky yellow) and PPP in my case.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Stinky yellow putty has been applied to the join between the Pegasus and the Rotodyne.  I will shortly go down to the shed and sand it.
Fred

63cpe

You go Fred!

[Tamiya Polyester (AKA stinky yellow) ]   ;D ;D ;D

zenrat

Today I sanded back the Stinky Yellow and then added PPP to build the contours up to finished profile(ish).
Rotodyne 2.0 WIP 23-03-2019 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

While sanding I was contemplating Rotodyne 3.0.
Biggest difference will be no oval windows.  They are the one thing I have never liked on the 'dyne.
Fred

zenrat

It's like watching a tadpole develop...

...or maybe not.  :unsure:
She's grown sponsons, become a bit smoother and i've extended the Pegasus fairing.
Rotodyne 2.0 WIP 24-03-2019 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Fred

PR19_Kit

Developing nicely Fred, that exhaust pipe impresses me every time I see it.  :thumbsup:

I winder if the 'dyne used stock Viscount window frames, they're a very similar shape and size, ie BIG! I've spent may hours sitting alongside a BMid Viscount window while trekking across to Holland in the 80s, and they're certainly in the large side!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

While sanding this today I blew into the Pegasus intake to remove some dust from the fan blades...
...and was startled by a puff of smoke from that exhaust.  I thought it was going to start!

I have to go to the model shop tomorrow.  I have almost run out of PPP.
Fred

kerick

Looking really good! I have to remember using Harrier intakes like that for future projects.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 24, 2019, 01:55:16 AM
It's like watching a tadpole develop...

Back in the 50's that was a standard primary school class "project" about this time of year  ;D

Quote from: zenrat on March 24, 2019, 03:51:28 AM

I have to go to the model shop tomorrow.  I have almost run out of PPP.

Now there's a surprise
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on March 24, 2019, 06:15:05 AM

Looking really good! I have to remember using Harrier intakes like that for future projects.

And the good thing about that idea is you don't have a whole Harrier left over, as you can buy just the intakes from a few suppliers these days.

Regards
Kit